Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed suggestions for the bhop server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakuramiko35

with the amount of servers you people have i'm reminding that you have a bhop server, crazy i know. anyway, i'd love to see this server maintained for the foreseeable future considering it is LITERALLY the only bhop server in tf2 currently in existence after rehopped unfortunately died. i've been playing on this server quite a bit and i have some suggestions to make playing on it a better experience.

off the top of my head in no particular order:

1. scout is able to redirect himself midair using double jump. this isn't too bad since you can't really do much with it in terms of fast runs considering you lose all your speed if you do this, but might as well be safe and remove scouts ability to double jump entirely.

2. remove glitched runs. if you type /wr in chat in most maps the fastest times are most likely flooded with impossibly fast times achieved by more often than not an engineer literally building a teleporter to the end of the map. i don't know when you guys fixed engineer being able to build stuff (thanks for that btw) but the runs made using that strategy are still listed. of course a problem might be that you don't know what runs are real so you end up removing legitimate times from the list. unless you have a way to identify these illegitimate times just use the times for my runs or a guy called "thots?" as the baseline. more often that not me or him have the fastest times for maps done legitimately. also every, yes every, run made by "GodRider" which is the "fastest" time on the list is glitched. might as well ask the guy how he glitches his runs so you can fix the way he does it.

3. fix the bot.
a. the bot has 70 fov making it disgusting to spectate, make it 90
b. it randomly breaks when a run faster than the current saved time on the bot is made. this happens most often when you finish a run that beats the world record. also on some maps the bot does not save runs and just sits in spawn.
c. wouldn't hurt to see the beginning of the run. what i mean by this is showing how the person who got the run got his prespeed. basically what they did before the timer begun.
d. it sometimes overrides a faster run with a slower one, not sure what causes this

4. more maps! this is probably my most wanted request, i would love to see more maps added. i'm not too sure about the importing of css/csgo bhop maps into tf2, but the person who handled this over on rehopped was some dude named Shadow Sheep, so if you manage to get a hold of them, i don't think they'd mind telling you how it's done.

5. some kind of leaderboard system. there really isn't any incentive to get good times, so add some imaginary points to give some motivation to play more. rehopped had a simple leaderboard system with ranks and points. literally just copy what any skillsurf server in csgo or css has and you're getting pretty far with just that.

6. server timer, as in the time left for the map, isn't very accurate as to when the map will change, seems to vary quite a bit. also voting to extend the map doesn't seem to work all the time

7. some maps have misaligned start or end zones. more often than not the start zone is scuffed, as the timer starts as soon as you restart your run, probably has something to do with the start zone being a bit off the ground? don't know. bhop_fly_lovers is an example. also some maps might not have the end zone in the correct place. bhop_unreality is the only map i know of in rotation that does not have the end zone in the correct place. at the moment it is placed basically halfway across the map even though the map is much longer in reality. no pun intended.

8. speaking of bhop_unreality and bhop_fly_lovers, a tier system for the maps. at the moment the maps aren't categorized by simple tiers giving an idea how difficult the map is to beat. the tiers usually go from tier 1 up to tier 6. if you have no idea what tier the maps should be you can probably just copy what tiers the maps are in css/csgo servers. please keep in mind that tf2 is a 66 tick type of game so some maps are much harder to beat in tf2. in fact having bhopped in css and csgo i can tell you that bhopping in tf2 is much harder. especially your server, in rehopped it wasn't as hard.

9. the weird interaction with tapping crouch as you're in the air/about to land. this is very hard to explain if you don't know much about bhop when it comes to tf2, but in rehopped this had the effect of extending the distance of your next jump by quite a bit. on your server it makes you lose all of the speed you have, no matter how fast you were going. it stops you instantly. anyway while the problem on rehopped was recognized it was very hard to fix (from what i remember), you were still able to scale stuff like ascending platforms without much issue. in your server while the extended jump which occasionally gave you faster times than intended isn't an issue, the problem now becomes that ascending platforms is hard. you're limited in how you scale things, because if you try to scale things faster by crouching midair by tapping crouch as soon as you land you lose all of your speed. in my opinion the rehopped way of handling it is a lot better, as the time saved by the extended jump isn't too useful in most maps. compared to losing all of your speed for tapping crouch.

that's about everything i can think of at the moment. i love bhop as a timewaster and i feel if this server was maintained better and had more incentive to play on it (like the ranking system) more people would enjoy it as well. if you haven't figured it out i would like to see this server go more into the skill bhop direction. at the moment this server is basically just a server with a timer and bhop enabled. making this a fully fleshed out bhop server would be amazing. and of course if these changes are possible then why not change the extremely similar surf server you guys have to follow suit?

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello,

thank you for your post.

1. scout is able to redirect himself midair using double jump. this isn't too bad since you can't really do much with it in terms of fast runs considering you lose all your speed if you do this, but might as well be safe and remove scouts ability to double jump entirely.
Should be fixed. Forgot to update the weapon blocker plugin, such that atomizer and holiday punch were not banned.
I was only able to replicate double jumping with the atomizer. If you can do it in another way, let me know.

2. remove glitched runs. if you type /wr in chat in most maps the fastest times are most likely flooded with impossibly fast times achieved by more often than not an engineer literally building a teleporter to the end of the map. i don't know when you guys fixed engineer being able to build stuff (thanks for that btw) but the runs made using that strategy are still listed. of course a problem might be that you don't know what runs are real so you end up removing legitimate times from the list. unless you have a way to identify these illegitimate times just use the times for my runs or a guy called "thots?" as the baseline. more often that not me or him have the fastest times for maps done legitimately. also every, yes every, run made by "GodRider" which is the "fastest" time on the list is glitched. might as well ask the guy how he glitches his runs so you can fix the way he does it.
I will add you on steam to go over the glitched runs. I have removed some previously that were impossibly fast, but I guess there are some still out there.

3. fix the bot.
a. the bot has 70 fov making it disgusting to spectate, make it 90
b. it randomly breaks when a run faster than the current saved time on the bot is made. this happens most often when you finish a run that beats the world record. also on some maps the bot does not save runs and just sits in spawn.
c. wouldn't hurt to see the beginning of the run. what i mean by this is showing how the person who got the run got his prespeed. basically what they did before the timer begun.
d. it sometimes overrides a faster run with a slower one, not sure what causes this
Should hopefully be FOV 90 now.

4. more maps! this is probably my most wanted request, i would love to see more maps added. i'm not too sure about the importing of css/csgo bhop maps into tf2, but the person who handled this over on rehopped was some dude named Shadow Sheep, so if you manage to get a hold of them, i don't think they'd mind telling you how it's done.
Easiest way is to give me a list of maps you think should be in the rotation.

5. some kind of leaderboard system. there really isn't any incentive to get good times, so add some imaginary points to give some motivation to play more. rehopped had a simple leaderboard system with ranks and points. literally just copy what any skillsurf server in csgo or css has and you're getting pretty far with just that.
I will try to work on that when I get some spare time

6. server timer, as in the time left for the map, isn't very accurate as to when the map will change, seems to vary quite a bit. also voting to extend the map doesn't seem to work all the time
Not quite sure what is causing this, but I attempted a fix. Please let me know if it still breaks

Added for the rest of the points

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I presume this thread and suggestions have been resolved, so I will be closing it.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom