Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Suggestions for Jailbreak Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2049

There are some things I think should be addressed in the rules of jailbreak, not just because it should be in there but because of some recent problems during gameplay some people don't understand and will cause them to either make a fool of themselves or get banned or something in the process.

Rule Suggestion #1-

Section: Reds

Rule Description: Go to the most generic line in the main cell area - if the warden does not specify which line to go to at the beginning of a round, proceed to go to the most common or closest line in the main cell area (Ex. Yellow Line, Blue Line, Red Line, etc.)

Why it will help: Stating a rule commonly not addressed or specified can help with confusion with new or normal players so they won't have to argue about it the majority of the time

Rule Suggestion #2-

Admins enforcing the rule "No continuously calling out a false accusation" more

Why it will help: It is not uncommon for a red to call out a freekill when it really wasn't, it can get bad and overall annoying to guards when someone continues to call false accusations

Rule Suggestion #3-

Changing the in-game link command !jbrules back to the link https://blackwonder.tf/threads/jailbreak-rules.1589/

Why it will help: Certain rules such as No Griefing are missing from the new !jbrules link, this can become a problem if a player does something not stated in the new rule link rather than following the bigger list of rules

Rule Suggestion #4-

Section: Reds

Rule Description: No breaking any breakables that can lead away from warden's presence - Breaking a breakable that leads away from warden or guards can make you rebelling and can be KOS if found hitting a breakable (Ex. Peach Cell, Cell exits, Pipes, etc.)

Why this will help: Players argue that fully breaking a breakable makes you KOS rather than hitting it makes you KOS, this can become an argument and causes confusion. Also, many players break cell exits and get away with it because a warden doesn't specify, few players make it KOS and can cause reds to call out a false freekill. This makes players fight with the warden

Rules Suggestion #5-

Section: Everyone

Rule Description: No vote firing for invalid or ridiculous reasons - Firing the warden because you don't like him or something is not a valid reason to get rid of him as warden (Ex. High-pitch voice, underage, F2P, etc.)

Overall I think some of these should at least be considered and/or added to jailbreak, I will add more when a rule comes to mind

Overkill

a byte
Rule #1: We could probably just add a definition instead which states: Go to <color> line- Go the line closest to and in front of the cells.

Rule #2: Most people who scream freekill and aren't falsely freekilled are either 1. confused about the rules, 2. never read the rules, or 3. trolling the warden and trying to get attention. We can be more attentive to this, but admins are usually to busy looking for ACTUAL false freekills to bother with the kid screaming "FREEKILL!!!". We will usually warn the player to not falsely accuse a guard of freekill, but if they start spamming it in chat it falls under spam in general rules.

Rule #3: Yes, I believe Bene will update it when we officially send out the updated rules which is still in progress (hold your breath).

Rule #4: The no breaking breakables rule is already being fixed in the next rule update.

Rule #5: Thanks for addressing this. I spoke to the other admins about this previously, as it so happened I joined a game where a red riled up other reds to fire anyone who was "mean" or doing "mean orders" like warday or cell wars. Thanks for suggesting it though. :)

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and feedback. In this case, I don't speak for all admins, just an opinion from a decorated citizen.

[Edit]: Changed opinion for Rule #1.

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

If you think I'm wrong, could you be more specific or give an exampled scenario? I'm probably confused but I can't see why this is needed.
I think he was talking about when someone goes to another line like the line inside knifepit on the minecraft map :p

In that case it's just detouring

D

Deleted member 2049

I think he was talking about when someone goes to another line like the line inside knifepit on the minecraft map :p

In that case it's just detouring
Indeed, the reason why I think it should be added still is because sometimes a player will simply be a smartass and go on another line like knife pit or something. Ive even seen people have a spray of a yellow line and they go on that, its ridiculous. So I would think stating it in the rules clearly would help new players out

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
I really like the change for the first rule. It's really annoying when the warden forgets the "Closest to cells" part and everyone bomb rushes random lines. I'm hoping that get fixed!

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'd say most of them fall under common sense or are mentioned in the most recent update of the rules. Exceptions being misuse of the !fire command and the link, which by the way is outdated. The rules we have been using for some time (and were recently updated too) are over at https://blackwonder.tf/pages/jailbreak/, which can be found in the navigation bar under 'rules'.

The !fire will be mentioned in the next update, thanks for thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom