Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Storebot basic troubleshooting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro, me Gibus

This is just a quick little thread I made after seeing the amount of people having issues with the storebot go up.
Here is some basic things to make sure of before asking anyone for help.

1. Please make sure you have a premium TF2 account. The storebot will not accept trades with free to plays.
2. Please make sure you have no trade hold. If you have a trade hold, the bot will also decline the trade.
3. Please make sure you have a mobile authenticator.
4. Please double check that you didn't mix up server rank points and Credits. Use the command /credits in-game to check your credits count. Sometimes you may have to disconnect to update the credit amount.
5. Please make sure the bot has the metal in stock. If it's not, please be patient and Benedevil will restock the bot when he has the time.

Also, a side note.
I don't use the trade link that the chat gives you to trade with the bot. When I press "buy" from the menu, a MOTD pops up. Don't close it, and where the ads would be a trade window would be there instead. Use that instead of the trade link.

AFTER checking the criteria: check out this tutorial video:

WARNING: your credit balance will not update, and if you use the not updated value for other things, such as coinflips, you will have negative credits if you overspend. PLEASE RECONNECT TO THE SERVER AFTER USING THE STOREBOT OR YOU'LL SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE PAYING BACK YOUR DEBT TO BLACKWONDER.
also, when selling metal to the storebot, don't make the trade too big (>50 metal) or the storebot will not reward the credits.

Now with those basic troubleshooting steps out of the way, if your trade is still not being accepted, you can contact a staff member and ask for help.
Thanks for reading and we hope your issue got resolved!

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
updated the thread with a tutorial video and warning about negative credits. If there is anything I'm missing, please let me know.

suey1690

A quick question: could the storebot be configured to automatically sell off keys in order to replenish its stock of metal?

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
A quick question: could the storebot be configured to automatically sell off keys in order to replenish its stock of metal?
According to the owner, implementing such a function wouldn't be worth it due to the complexity of implementing such a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom