Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved (Still not resolved) Corrupted files in dr_wintervalley_final_blw_fix2

sunstep

Truly Feared
The map is not corrupted. But I get what you mean. This seems to be an issue caused by whoever edited the map. I've noticed this issue in every map that blackwonder has edited.

Could whoever edits maps for blackwonder dm me on discord? sunstep#0001

ArmorKeik

Strange
The map is not corrupted. But I get what you mean. This seems to be an issue caused by whoever edited the map. I've noticed this issue in every map that blackwonder has edited.

Could whoever edits maps for blackwonder dm me on discord? sunstep#0001
I suppose that the one who edited the map was the same one who answered me in the previous thread and incidentally marked it as solved :unsure:

imagen_2022-05-25_104724560.png

I speak to you from a translator and I hope that what I am saying is well understood.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Okay so I dm'd TheCrappyCompletionist on discord, and I will ask him some questions on there.

I've also talked to the owner of this server once about the issue. But he sent me a screenshot once of that map (it was a different map in that case) looking absolutely fine, while for me (and probably other people) it had the same issue as described in this post with the purple reflections. My guess is that whoever edits maps in this server packs all files in the map first and then builds the reflections which makes the reflections look normal to whoever edited the map but for other people the reflection files will be missing because it's not packed in the map. I only never experimented with this so I'm not sure whether this really is the case. I already have 2 potential solutions in mind, but for now it is a waiting game because @TheCrappyCompletionist has to reply to me on discord first.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Okay so it's not TheCrappyCompletionist, I have yet to find the person who edits maps.... This might take a while.

While I could solve the issue my self, I would like to talk to people who edit maps for blackwonder to prevent this issue from happening again. This has to be solved for once and for all.

In fact, I already have a solution for this map, allowing blackwonder to revert back to the original version of the map. I am only not sure if it includes all changes that were made on the blw version of the map. I need to find the person who edited this map for blw to ask what exactly changed.

ArmorKeik

Strange
Okay so it's not TheCrappyCompletionist, I have yet to find the person who edits maps.... This might take a while.

While I could solve the issue my self, I would like to talk to people who edit maps for blackwonder to prevent this issue from happening again. This has to be solved for once and for all.

In fact, I already have a solution for this map, allowing blackwonder to revert back to the original version of the map. I am only not sure if it includes all changes that were made on the blw version of the map. I need to find the person who edited this map for blw to ask what exactly changed.
Well, researching through the photos I found that the person who is most likely to have edited the map is Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf for posting this correction of his created to fix the bhop problem.

I think the only thing they did in the dr_wintervalley_final_blw version was to add wooden walls to block the way to those who use the bhop to get through the map much faster.

And in dr_wintervalley_final_final_blw_fix2 they fixed the bug that made the skeletons (both the ones in the house trap and the skeleton king in the minigame) unable to move.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Oh I see, well I no longer need to speak to the person who edited the map as I already created this thread for moderators and administrators to help resolve this issue for future map edits.

To resolve this issue, I propose reverting to the original dr_wintervalley and using my stripper config. Yesterday I spent a few hours extending it to make sure it makes the same changes as the edited wintervalley bsp that is currently on blackwonder. I think the best person to reach out to now is Benedevil.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
If you want to revert a map to the older version, you'd have to make a map suggestion thread. Please don't waste your time contacting bene directly as he'll say the same thing, and all that'll do is clog up his DMs.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom