Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Staff Application by lenaboss

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenaboss

Member Name Lenaboss

Name Alexander

Contact Information my email [email protected] or my discord lenaboss#9983

Your Age 14

Location Russia

Other Information I like to play tf2 :D

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? I have owned multiple different servers from minecraft to unturned to ark to gmod and I have a lot of experience with being staff

Why do you want to become an admin?
because I want to help out the community because a lot of the time people are constantly complaining when I am in about freekillers and people report them and the staff don't come on to help and this is where I can help because I am on all the time and I can stop all these rule breakers.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. I believe it was Jim

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I am always on so if you would like me to hop on I am always able to but since that it is summer I can be on all day for 5 weeks :D
Thank you for reading my staff application

Melectrome

Legendary
0 messages on forums, again!
And you didn't use the right form so you copied the template from the recent application that has the wrong format!
-WHYYYYYYYYY

lenaboss

0 messages on forums, again!
And you didn't use the right form so you copied the template from the recent application that has the wrong format!
-WHYYYYYYYYY
sorry man I thought that was the format if you want I will delete it and create a new one
:D

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
you joined today you definitely havent unlocked the admin app button yet, moved to le dumpstere

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
You guys ever notice that these guys all come in a pack? There will be like 5 trolls making dumpster threads, never showing up again, and months later there'll be somebody else doing it. Seems pretty spooky to me.
Wait This Isnt Dilbert.gif

D

Deleted member 2120

You guys ever notice that these guys all come in a pack? There will be like 5 trolls making dumpster threads, never showing up again, and months later there'll be somebody else doing it. Seems pretty spooky to me.
View attachment 6919
I think there is a community out there that likes to mess with us as a side thing.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

I think there is a community out there that likes to mess with us as a side thing.

Not really. It's a revolving carousel of new players not comprehending that there's more to an admin application than just signing up on the forums for the first time and slapping your name on a less obvious incorrect application format. One way to counter this trend is for a bot to automatically send them a message (inbox exists...). It should thank them for signing up on the forums and provide a hyperlink to the proper application format, in case if they're serious about applying right away. It should also give advice on how to make your application have a higher chance of getting some positive feedback instead of thrown into the dumpster like the first rough draft of a plagiarized essay.

Nothing will stop it completely, but it should at least help.

lenaboss

you joined today you definitely havent unlocked the admin app button yet, moved to le dumpstere
Not really. It's a revolving carousel of new players not comprehending that there's more to an admin application than just signing up on the forums for the first time and slapping your name on a less obvious incorrect application format. One way to counter this trend is for a bot to automatically send them a message (inbox exists...). It should thank them for signing up on the forums and provide a hyperlink to the proper application format, in case if they're serious about applying right away. It should also give advice on how to make your application have a higher chance of getting some positive feedback instead of thrown into the dumpster like the first rough draft of a plagiarized essay.

Nothing will stop it completely, but it should at least help.
I was unsure what was the correct staff format and I saw this and I thought it was right if you want I can delete this one and make a new one if you can give me the correct format also I just found out about the website yesterday and I play all the time I started playing around a month ago

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

you only unlock the ability to post the correct format when the time is correct
Well then.

But still, having an unlockable format doesn't stop these posts from happening. In fact, with the system currently in place, it seems to encourage it. They'll see the other admin applications and think "well if this guy got admin this way, then why wouldn't it work for me if I follow the same format?" It's no longer an unlockable if someone else has unlocked it and revealed it to the public.

It may be wise to hide the Admin Applications section for users with less than a certain number of posts and replace it with an advisory post on what the requirements to unlock the section are. I don't know if this would help, but I'm happy to provide suggestions.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Yes. This and only this. Only this should appear for them until they reached a point where they can view the other applicants and consider taking on the endeavor of applying for an admin position.

I highly doubt a new player would actually spend the time to read it when the other admin applications are also easily accessible. Psychology shows that your brain, especially at a younger age, will always try to find the easiest and quickest method around trouble. And unfortunately for them, reading that page is not that.

EDIT: tl;dr: Presenting the admin applications, both declined and approved, is enabling new players to think that applying for admin is easy when it actually isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom