Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Sprays and STEAMIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

First, I want to say that the final decision is Benedevil's choice of adding these or not, and again, we are going by majority and his choice in the matter, even if there is a significant amount of "yes" votes.

Second, I want to address that these are two separate factors that are related to one another by involving one item, and that is STEAMIDs.

Third, ignore my real name from the polls provided and please try to not to reveal it as much, thank you in advance

Lastly, let's get started with the suggestion and what this has to offer!

I've always noticed a problem with catching those who break the rules and are not able to get the proper SteamID due to various problems, as the title suggests, it's more of sprays and getting the SteamID of the rule breakers.
I'm here to help that with my suggestion on how to make it easier by catching these people when needed and not relying on "status" in console as much and by simply looking in chat or the text provided when the rulebreaker logs off to get it there.
There also comes into play of !calladmin, which provides the given SteamID of the rulebreaker, but this feature is sometimes forgotten and I want to use this as an alternative to these problems.

Sprays - CLOSED
A common problem with sprays is that they can be overlapped by other sprays, which prevents the right SteamID to be shown and the inappropriate spray to be covered, or sometimes the person is gone during that time, only leaving behind their spray, but not their SteamID, which I think there is no solution for this, but there is a solution for spraying sprays over other people's sprays.

You can call for admin or moderator to deal with the situation and to spray check, but of course, admins or mods may not be on and able to help, so the work is in the hands of the person now if they want to report it if none are available to help.

What this brings is that the feature disables you to spray over another person's spray, which will still give you prompt message saying that you cannot spray over a person's spray. of course the spray cool down will still be provided by default as to not spam sprays.
Many will find this annoying yes, but I think this is for the better considering that many have inappropriate sprays and are long gone when the sprays have cleared up only to reveal that it is later gone or that the wrong STEAMID is provided.
You can vote here in the Strawpoll I have created, if you do want to write comments or ideas in the forums or in the Strawpoll, both are fine. I'd love to hear back on what you think of this!

SteamID - CLOSED
Now there comes the chance that a fellow reporter may have the proof of the rulebreaker, but bam, as soon as they leave, our fellow reporters will have tried to type status in console or try to find their steam profile by "Recently Played With" but can't find their name because they changed their profile the profile was not registered into the list.
I want to prevent this by adding in something that will provide their SteamID when they join and when they leave, and make it easier to catch it when a rule breaker is going under another account and breaking rules, or if they cannot get their steamID in time.
You can vote here in the Strawpoll I have created, if you do want to write comments or ideas in the forums or in the Strawpoll, both are fine. I'd love to hear back on what you think of this!

Thank you for giving me your time to read this and consider my suggestion, I will try my best to respond to all comments I can and try to answer what questions you may have. If you can provide any cons that this can have, then I'd love to hear it, as I don't have many in thought when it comes to this and I wanted to address this issue with this suggestion!

Last edited:

Philip

Australium
1. I somewhat agree with this one, but it seems a bit restrictive. An alternate idea I have in mind is to create some sort of plug-in that lists the steam ID of ALL players in a certain spray area as well as sort them by spray layer (if not possible by itself, then sort it by time sprayed) However, I am not entirely sure if this is possible.

2. YES. THAT IS EPIC.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Why go through the effort of doxxing yourself when pills are built into the forum?

What kind of forum are we offering now ?????

Suggestion on sprays is a bit pointless imo.

Steam ID on leave/join looks a bit unweildy in the chat, hence why it's not included in the TFS leave message. It could be console printed I guess.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

What kind of forum are we offering now ?????

Suggestion on sprays is a bit pointless imo.

Steam ID on leave/join looks a bit unweildy in the chat, hence why it's not included in the TFS leave message. It could be console printed I guess.
Thanks for your thought on the sprays, though I thought it would be a nice suggestion but seeing the amount of restriction it will have on players, I think I will close it soon if more cons start to appear.

Console printed would be a nice alternative, thanks for that Noodl, would prevent the chat from clogging up from that too I believe.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

For what it's worth, TFStats will now print the user's leave message with their Steam ID in console.

Corrin

Positively Inhumane

Pompous

Requesting to close thread due to first suggestion being unpopular, and second suggestion resolved. Thank you for your time, all polls closed.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Thread closed, thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom