Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Spray Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
So there are always people who use +18 sprays. And since a majority of our playerbase (from what I've seen) are kids, I think we all agree that we do not tolerate them.

In the past, I simply removed the spray, warned the player 1-2 times before kicking him if he continued to spray it. But as we grow to a bigger community, I kept getting harder on keeping track who sprayed it. You need now to
a) trace the spray(s) and warn the player
b) remove the spray
and when people sprayed like 5 different layers above it, it gets annoying to remove them all, only to trace the one you searched for and warn the player.

Most players of course will disregard the warning and thus I kick most of them.

But that is not a good solution. They can just rejoin when I'm not there and spray whatever they want.

And people usually don't report when someone sprays a nude spray.

So here's my suggestion: We simply sprayban these people. No warnings, just sprayban.

They will be able to enjoy the game with no difference. They will only not be able to spray.

I think that way it prevents them from spraying an inappropriate spray when an admin is not online.

We should also add that to the rules, so player KNOW that they will get spraybanned if they spray such sprays.

It will also be easier for us admins to handle, since once a person is spraybanned, we know that they will not be a problem (as for the spray) again.

Do you agree with me? Not? Thoughts?

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

Sakuya

Trickster
I agree, spray banning these people really does not bring any harm, it'll make them think about what they do (I hope). But what about people with nude sprays on the conscientious objector? Will a spray ban remove the nude on the weapon?

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
*Cough* All current spray commands:

• sm_spraytrace - Trace the owner of the spray you're looking at, and open the punishment menu.
  • sm_removespray - Remove the spray you're looking at and open the punishment menu.
  • sm_qremovespray - Removes the spray you're looking at and doesn't open the punishment menu.
  • sm_removeallsprays - Removes all the sprays on the map at once.
  • sm_adminspray <Steam_ID/Name> - Spray the persons spray where you are looking.
  • sm_sprayban - Ban the user from spraying. Ever.
  • sm_sprayunban <Steam_ID/Name> - Unban a Spray Banned user.
  • sm_offlinesprayban <Steam_ID> [Name] - Spray ban someone not on the server.
  • sm_spraybans - Shows a list of currently connected spray banned players.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I've been doing exactly that.

If they complain / make a ban appeal and apologize then just unsprayban them. Easy as that.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Well, I tried to handle it with warnings, but that doesen't really work out. But it seems that most agree that spraybanning them is a good option.

I'll wait 1-2 more days, and if no one complains about it (with good reasoning), I think I'll close this thread and we add to the rules that spraying +18 sprays gets you spraybanned without warning.

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
In terms of sprays i have always been a bit more patient, giving out up to 4-5 warnings and after that giving out a 1 day tempban since it falls into the category "ignoring admins" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom