Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed Some General JB Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeman

Scarcely Lethal
Based on what 10k said on my last suggestion post (I agree with him) here are some suggestions I think will help JB overall:

Remove:

-
Mechanized Mercenaries: Buggy, usually delays the round, just overall not a good user experience. Has a cool premise but in practice is not a good LR.

-Prophunt: Too often do rounds take the entire length of the timer to end, with blues chasing after props that are insanely fast and can jump very high. On some maps this allows reds to get to unreachable areas by blues, who are already punished for missing shots. Additionally, larger props make it very difficult to determine the red’s hitbox when shooting at them, causing you to rapidly lose HP trying to damage them. Overall just a very delay-prone LR that the majority of players seem to heavily dislike when chosen.

-Redundant Maps in Rotation: Why are there two versions of HopJB, two of MLcastle, and especially multiple minecraft versions in the rotation? I think it would be beneficial to narrow the rotation down to the most popular maps with good mini game diversity rather than having multiple versions of the same map that usually lead people to voting or nominating maps they think are other maps.

Add:

-
Gusic suggested an updated friendly fire plugin that would add things like all sniper rifles being effective against teammates and things like air blast and flamethrowers. Bene seemed to have approved it but as of writing this it is still yet to be implemented.

-Vote-based friendly fire. While this has the potential to be abused, I think there should be some sort of way for the server to vote for FF being turned on for freedays. It could either be a warden-controlled or donor-controlled vote, designed to speed freedays up and reduce round delay. Some may see this as an extension of Hunger Games, so I can understand pushback on it.

———————————————

Feel free to comment your own suggestions if you have any, I may edit this as I go along

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
No point in using the upvote system here (Bene give us back polls pls). Anyway:
-Mechanized Mercenaries: Buggy, usually delays the round, just overall not a good user experience. Has a cool premise but in practice is not a good LR.

-Prophunt: Too often do rounds take the entire length of the timer to end, with blues chasing after props that are insanely fast and can jump very high. On some maps this allows reds to get to unreachable areas by blues, who are already punished for missing shots. Additionally, larger props make it very difficult to determine the red’s hitbox when shooting at them, causing you to rapidly lose HP trying to damage them. Overall just a very delay-prone LR that the majority of players seem to heavily dislike when chosen.
Ideally someone would sit down and update these LR's to make them more playable (EG add a small jump and ability to actually heal damage outside of ambulances for tanks so the game isnt decided by who has more healers, heavily restrict red movement or unrestrict blue movement for prop hunt), but seeing the amount of effort that's already been invested (and seemingly wasted) into the VSH LR alone makes me think that's unlikely to happen. As such, I wouldn't be opposed to killing tanks off if prophunt goes as well.
-Redundant Maps in Rotation: Why are there two versions of HopJB, two of MLcastle, and especially multiple minecraft versions in the rotation? I think it would be beneficial to narrow the rotation down to the most popular maps with good mini game diversity rather than having multiple versions of the same map that usually lead people to voting or nominating maps they think are other maps.
As these maps are some of the most popular jb maps of all time, having multiple instances of them in rotation ensures that they can be consistently played multiple times in a row if people want to. Narrowing the map pool is entirely unnecessary as well with the /nominate system, we could have 5 maps or 50 and users would still have equal chances of getting the maps they want.
-Gusic suggested an updated friendly fire plugin that would add things like all sniper rifles being effective against teammates and things like air blast and flamethrowers. Bene seemed to have approved it but as of writing this it is still yet to be implemented.
Tagged Bene on the original thread, hopefully that gets sorted out soon.
-Vote-based friendly fire. While this has the potential to be abused, I think there should be some sort of way for the server to vote for FF being turned on for freedays. It could either be a warden-controlled or donor-controlled vote, designed to speed freedays up and reduce round delay. Some may see this as an extension of Hunger Games, so I can understand pushback on it.
Giving players the ability to hijack freedays with FF on a server that's already inclined to run HG most of the time sounds questionable to say the least.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

two versions of HopJB, two of MLcastle, and especially multiple minecraft versions in the rotation?
Cant speak for mlcastle or the minecraft maps, but the reason why there are two hopjbs is due to the change in minigames in the new version that some players didn't like + the change in how bkm works.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
-Gusic suggested an updated friendly fire plugin that would add things like all sniper rifles being effective against teammates and things like air blast and flamethrowers. Bene seemed to have approved it but as of writing this it is still yet to be implemented.
It's has been added and is loaded on the servers since a long time already:

] sm_rcon sm plugins load jailbreak/misc/friendlyfire
[SM] Plugin jailbreak/misc/friendlyfire.smx is already loaded.
Anything vote based we have added to jailbreak has only added discussions. We regularly get warden firing discussions.
The abuse is bound to happen sadly

-Mechanized Mercenaries: Buggy, usually delays the round, just overall not a good user experience. Has a cool premise but in practice is not a good LR.
Waiting for results here:

With other servers and gamemodes, we have sadly uncovered that diversity sometimes is not wanted.
All our VSH servers had to become 24/7 as the rotation one died off.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

I think a plugin that disables both versions of a map after it's been played would solve most of the issues with having multiple versions of the same map.

I don't really like tonk or prophunt LRs but the variety is nice and they are still quite popular choices.

The ff vote could be interesting but I don't personally like the idea of even more hunger games.

snakeman

Scarcely Lethal
It's has been added and is loaded on the servers since a long time already:

] sm_rcon sm plugins load jailbreak/misc/friendlyfire
[SM] Plugin jailbreak/misc/friendlyfire.smx is already loaded.

Anything vote based we have added to jailbreak has only added discussions. We regularly get warden firing discussions.
The abuse is bound to happen sadly

Waiting for results here:

With other servers and gamemodes, we have sadly uncovered that diversity sometimes is not wanted.
All our VSH servers had to become 24/7 as the rotation one died off.

Is it possible the native FF plugin is overriding the new one? Based on the description of what the new FF plugin is supposed to do, the new one either isn’t installed or just isn’t working.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Vote-based friendly fire. While this has the potential to be abused, I think there should be some sort of way for the server to vote for FF being turned on for freedays. It could either be a warden-controlled or donor-controlled vote, designed to speed freedays up and reduce round delay. Some may see this as an extension of Hunger Games, so I can understand pushback on it.
Unfortunately, this will most likely be abused more than any actual benefit which would come from thus

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom