Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending Small delay before voting

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
By that i mean adding like a 3 seconds wait time before people can vote for the next map or for anything else.
During the game gamers are very concentrated in the gameplay and they try to get rid of the icon as quickly as possible when it appears, usually always pressing 1st option.
It will also prevent an issue where vote options sometimes fail to display to users at the start of the vote.

An example:
1652794965096.png

Last edited:

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
I agree, some of the players use weapon number binds to switch weapons but accidentally votes wrong map when vote pops up

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Would this still allow players to switch weapons in those 3 seconds and, if so, then how do they know when their vote will actually count? It might just be simpler to inform more people of the /revote command through pop-ups as suggested by others.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Forgot to add about the !revote. Yes, you can still type it, but many people don´t know that exists, and it still takes time to type in chat and wait a small delay when the icon with all vote options appear again, leaving almost no time to vote. So most of time players leave their votes as it is, and as we see, even with a /revote existing, people always vote for 1st option in first seconds.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Would this still allow players to switch weapons in those 3 seconds and, if so, then how do they know when their vote will actually count? It might just be simpler to inform more people of the /revote command through pop-ups as suggested by others.
Yes, you can still switch weapons during the vote and people will be able to select any option in 3 seconds to make it count.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I wonder if this is possible code-wise. The entire voting system is hard-coded into sourcemod, which as far as I'm aware isn't modifiable. An alternate solution i can think of is adding some kind of warning pop-up letting players know that a vote will begin.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I wonder if this is possible code-wise. The entire voting system is hard-coded into sourcemod, which as far as I'm aware isn't modifiable. An alternate solution i can think of is adding some kind of warning pop-up letting players know that a vote will begin.
This is possible and can be seen on some community servers. I'll try to provide an example how it looks like if i manage to find it again.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
This is possible and can be seen on some community servers. I'll try to provide an example how it looks like if i manage to find it again.
alright I'll keep thinking of how it works. I ain't very well versed in the first place, so maybe some of the senior devs might know how.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
alright I'll keep thinking of how it works. I ain't very well versed in the first place, so maybe some of the senior devs might know how.
How this works - it's a simple console message that put text in center, top right, in a box.. somewhere on the screen alerting about the upcomming vote.
One of the examples:
1652794810691.png

This can be made in center left of the screen in a box in the same way where the votes are appearing.

Pienamai

Face Melting
May I add my own little suggestion?
Make the number 1 option to always be no vote since many automatically press it to get rid of the vote box

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
How this works - it's a simple console message that put text in center, top right, in a box.. somewhere on the screen alerting about the upcomming vote.
One of the examples:
View attachment 29117
This can be made in center left of the screen in a box in the same way where the votes are appearing.
this is what I suggested. You can't block the first seconds of a vote because as far as I know they're hard-coded. This is an additional feature that shouldn't be that hard to implement.

May I add my own little suggestion?
Make the number 1 option to always be no vote since many automatically press it to get rid of the vote box
not possible as far as I know, it's hardcoded to do yes first then no. Unless you want to learn to code in C++ and re-write sourcemod as a whole?

Mr.Wizard

Truly Feared
Staff Member

Wizyy

Yes, they would, their vote would count after the warning timer ran out and showed maps to be voted. Many CS:GO's community servers have this implemented.
this is what I suggested. You can't block the first seconds of a vote because as far as I know they're hard-coded. This is an additional feature that shouldn't be that hard to implement.

not possible as far as I know, it's hardcoded to do yes first then no. Unless you want to learn to code in C++ and re-write sourcemod as a whole?
Iirc CS:GO's servers also run on SourceMod. I don't know how much TF's sourcemod differs from CS:GO's, but it is possible to do. Some servers even advertize their stuff there on first few numbers

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom