Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Skiddy Pete Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiddyPete

i

What was your type of punishment?:
Ban

What is your SteamID?
[U:1:970966339]

Who has punished you?
Kerknor

Why were you punished?
"Multi-Hack"

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Because I wasn't cheating. I'm not even sure what brought this about.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning SkiddyPete.

I do apologize for the delay to all involved as it has been a rather busy week. Below I will provide the video evidence of walls, possible Aim Assist and finally, an auto-air blast.

We will discuss this and get the appeal resolved this weekend.

Last edited:

SkiddyPete

i

Yeah a couple of those are fishy, I admit.
1:35 especially, since I can see that I was looking at a dude through the wall there. I was just realising that the Dragon's Fury fires faster when constantly refilling from a resupply locker.

A lot of the wallhacking examples were because of that walking trail effect that dude had.
When the spy jumped down, I saw his bloodsplat when he hit the ground, and shot where I figured he'd be. Spies hide in that corner a lot. It was lucky (or I guess in this situation, unlucky) that I actually hit him closer to me.

Not entirely sure about possible aim assist, none of my shots here looked off to me.

I just airblasted the soldier as soon as I saw him, wasn't aiming for any rocket in particular, I knew he was a soldier because I could hear his rockets. Can't really tell, since the demo has no sound.

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Morning SkiddyPete,

I will go ahead and try to address the points you made as best as possible.
1:35 especially, since I can see that I was looking at a dude through the wall there. I was just realising that the Dragon's Fury fires faster when constantly refilling from a resupply locker.

This was extremely odd given it was the only time you did this. The timing, positioning, and accuracy of this are why it was included in the video.
As a side note, It doesn't fire any faster. You simply are negating the reload after 3 shots.
A lot of the wallhacking examples were because of that walking trail effect that dude had.

I knew the player had a trail but didn't think it was something so simple that I missed. To be as diligent as I could be, I went back through to look.

No trail here.

Here.

Here...

Or here.

Now here, you could see the trail. However, as soon as the Demoman turns around (Which you can not see) you backup instead of going directly to the door that you were walking towards.

When the spy jumped down, I saw his bloodsplat when he hit the ground, and shot where I figured he'd be. Spies hide in that corner a lot. It was lucky (or I guess in this situation, unlucky) that I actually hit him closer to me.
I am in full agreement that you can see a blood splatter when the spy lands. However, it wasn't the fact you did a quick spy check in the area where you saw it. You flicked directly to him and snapped back immediately after to carry on your original course. No follow through or reaction from you at all.

just airblasted the soldier as soon as I saw him, wasn't aiming for any rocket in particular, I knew he was a soldier because I could hear his rockets. Can't really tell, since the demo has no sound.

Now with the Auto airblast. Yes, you could have heard the rockets. The soldier, however, backed up into the hay room and a pyro jumped down. You had maybe 1/10th of a second to see feet before air blasting a stray rocket. It would have been one thing to deflect this, but to reflect it back directly at the enemy is a little far fetched. Besides the fact, you aimed at the pyro to reflect this instead of the rocket itself.

A couple of staff are discussing this and we will make a final decision today.

Attachments

• SkiddyTrail2.PNG
    SkiddyTrail2.PNG
    619.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom