Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Sir Hootsalot's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Hootsalot

Strange
User name: Sir Hootsalot

Name
Sir Hootsalot

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID

Your DiscordID
Sir Hootsalot#9426

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I've managed numerous servers on a Virtual Reality game known as Rec Room and have been used as a bug tester/exploit tester on those same servers to help eliminate the chance of griefers, spammers, or exploiters. I am also currently moderating a server on Discord to generally just keep it clean and avoid raiders or other unsavoury types.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I most commonly play on your x-1, dodgeball, highertower and deathrun maps though I would most enjoy moderating for your x-1 servers.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
The x-1 server is lots of fun to play, and over the past few months it has slowly become one of my, if not my most played map in Blackwonder's ownership and in general. I'm well known and well respected by many of the returning players and so listening to me and moderating would be a lot less difficult. I've had many fun experiences with the returning playerbase but there have been numerous players who find it fun to ruin people's day or make people leave the server just out of pure annoyance. Although I would like to punish these players I will not abuse my privelleges nor punish these players too severly unless properly warned and/or previously punished. I enjoy this gamemode a lot but it's just the few players that ruin it for everybody. Because of these reasons and more, I would like to become a moderator for your server.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
From about 8:30am to 10:00pm everyday due to corona, otherwise mainly just afternoons and weekends when school returns.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate

X-1 SPECIFIC

Cheating/Hacking: Instaban, no exceptions.

Mic-Spam/Chat-Spam: 1st warning, second warning with a 30 minute gag/mute, 3rd warning with a 1-2 hour mute, final warning with a 1 day mute, continuence will lead to permagag/mute.

Rascism/Sexism Etc: 1hr gag/mute, 1day mute/gag, 1week mute/gag, persistance will lead to permamute/gag.

NSFW Spray/Images: immediate spray ban.

!calladmin Abuse: 1hr mute/gag, 3hr mute/gag, longer mute/gag as issue continues.

DODGEBALL SPECIFIC

+attack/Auto Airblast: warning of rules, warning of rules again. 1hr ban, 2hr ban, 5hr ban, 24hr ban, permaban

Stealing Rockets: warning of rules, warning of rules again. 1hr ban, 2hr ban, 5hr ban, 24hr ban, permaban

Delaying The Round: warning of rules, kick, 1hr ban, 2hr ban, 5hr ban, 24hr ban, permaban

Suicide before rocket hits you: warning of rules, warning of rules, kick, 1hr ban, 2hr ban, 5hr ban, 24hr ban, permaban

Blocking rockets: warning of rules, warning of rules again, kick, 1hr ban, 2hr ban, 5hr ban, 24hr ban, permaban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I know a lot of the people that use the x-1 server, so I'm well known and somewhat well respected on said server.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Please review this thread as your application is incomplete in its current state.

Sir Hootsalot

Strange
Please review this thread as your application is incomplete in its current state.

What am I missing exactly? I believe I answered all of the questions.

All I could add is that I've been playing TF2 since I was like 7 and so have a LOT of experience playing the game, that's about it

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
What am I missing exactly? I believe I answered all of the questions.

All I could add is that I've been playing TF2 since I was like 7 and so have a LOT of experience playing the game, that's about it

Look at accepted applicants and compare them to your own application and you'll understand what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Alright, I believe I have fixed it. Is This Better?

If you could include your changes in a reply that would be nice.

Also seeing as you're applying for a dodgeball server you should include punishments for people breaking rules specific for *that* gamemode as well as general rules.

Also we instantly spray ban if someone has an inappropriate spray or contentious objector.

Sir Hootsalot

Strange
alrighty, I changed the why I want to be mod and the how you would deal with people ones with dodgeball specific rules. Is that about all Saylen?

Last edited:

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Now that you've taken care of the more glaring issues, I will be doing a proper review of your application!

Your playtime on blackwonder servers totals 2 days and 6 hours which is pretty good.

Your SteamID

That is your SteamID64, You're actual SteamID is STEAM_0:0:221946867

When are you usually available to play?
From about 8:30am to 10:00pm everyday due to corona, otherwise mainly just afternoons and weekends when school returns.

Hoots chatlog 2.png

I can tell you are rather fond of the Oonga Boonga bind, Please try to limit your use of it as you seem to like to spam it alot, which if you had taken a look at the rules you would know it is against the rules to spam binds in chat.

Hoots chatlog 3.png

While looking through your chat logs I've found some unsettling things, this is not a way anyone vying for staff or any staff member should act, if you make strives to change it that would be greatly appreciated.

!calladmin Abuse: 1hr mute/gag, 3hr mute/gag, longer mute/gag as issue continues.

Gagging someone does not stop them from using the !calladmin plugin, instead of a mute you should issue a ban determinant to what they're doing and the context of the situation, although you should always warn them first.

All in all I bid you good luck on your application!

Sir Hootsalot

Strange
Alright I will, and I'll not spam any of the binds and avoid the.. unsavoury stuff although most of those odd things are as it's a running joke with friends I was playing with at the time though I understand that's not an excuse and so I apologize for what has been said, I hope I can still be accepted though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom