Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Shoutbox restrictions

Yelowchy

Gore-Spattered
I am proposing the creating of a delay on how often you can post in the forum shoutbox.

Lately people have taken to spamming the shoutbox, leading to a slight annoyance for people who want to read it.

However I’m also against the idea of people having to wait a long time to post, especially when they are having a normal conversation.
Therefore I suggest the following shoutbox delays according to their role.

Staff: No delay
Donator: 5 second delay
Member: 10 second delay
New member: 15 second delay
Previously forum banned: 20 second delay

5CBB5C5A-F3CA-4246-A948-1F504AB741DE.png

D

Deleted member 2049

Don't really think that delay times should be different for members, donators, etc., but I do agree that there should be a delay or a longer one if there is already one.

However I’m also against the idea of people having to wait a long time to post, especially when they are having a normal conversation.
I don't think conversations should be in shoutbox but I couldn't really say since shoutbox doesn't have an exact reason to be used for

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Waste of time, doesn't stop anyone from spamming if they want. Admins can already deal with it when they're online.

D

Deleted member 2120

Why should donors get less time between posts? Just because you are a donor doesn't mean you are more trustworthy.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Another idea is adding a shoutbox message limit per day? not sure if that is a good idea though...

D

Deleted member 2049

Why should donors get less time between posts? Just because you are a donor doesn't mean you are more trustworthy.
I fully agree with this statement, donors are not different from regular members. Donor perks are PERKS for donating, something to give back for supporting the community.

Another idea is adding a shoutbox message limit per day? not sure if that is a good idea though...
I don't really think that is necessary, if anything status post should have a limit not the shoutbox

Waste of time, doesn't stop anyone from spamming if they want. Admins can already deal with it when they're online.
^^ Just because there is a delay doesn't mean people still won't spam, if they wanted to waste more time then they will, but staff can deal with it.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
The shoutbox really isn‘t an issue.
It‘s mostly some graveyard which lights up once in a while, the rest is being moved to Quality services such as ~~Skype~~ Discord.

For such small things it‘s not worth making an effort to implement any restrictions to it. Furthermore we take ourselves the freedom to delete any type of inappropriate content or spam caused by an individual on our community along with further actions if necessary.
Though this seldomly has been the case and I personally do not see any need for such precautions.

Yelowchy

Gore-Spattered
Obviously with the large chunk of the community not supporting this idea it shouldn’t be implemented

Any admin who reads this you have permission to Decline and Lock the thread thx.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom