Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Server Maintenance for 1.17 - Updates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
The Minecraft server will remain unavailable while it is prepared for 1.16.4 and unavailable means what it says.
You will not be able to connect while this is happening, even if the server is online. So please stop trying to connect.
The console is getting flooded with people who don't bother to read the message that is displayed when they try to connect and continue to try.

As for how long this will take, I can't really say at this immediate time. But it will be late November, possibly even December.
I'm in the process of making some custom plugins for us to use, because I just can't find suitable available ones that are up to date.
I want to make sure that everything is good and properly ready this time, to ensure nothing breaks like it horribly did the last two times.
And if that takes to the end of November to do, then thats how long it takes.

I apologize for the delay as I know people do enjoy playing on our server. I'm working on it daily and will have it up and running asap.
Make sure to subscribe to THIS THREAD as I will be posting update information and any information about further delays here.
If you want to ask questions about this or if You Want to Offer to Help with the setup, when certain aspects require it, such as
helping to build spawn or other such things, please do @mention me or Direct Message me on Discord, as this thread will be locked, for updates only.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
So work still underway, possible delays may push me further along past my previous Late November Early December plans.
I've posted a Poll for people to vote on what happens.

I can either open the server early while it's unfinished and let people play while the work still happens, with the server resetting once everything is finished, to start properly.
Or I can keep it closed for longer, opening later once everything is finished.

Please go and cast your vote on what you'd prefer.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
Nice to see that of all the people who play a whopping 12 people voted. Due to the fact that the vote was tied 50/50, the server will remain closed for now. (Based on the Sourcemod Voting System's 60% Required for a vote to succeed).

I will try to maintain weekly updates during December. Hopefully opening January, if all goes according to plan.
Again keep an eye on this thread for further updates and any information about any more delays.
(Hopefully there shouldn't be any more, but stuff happenes...)

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
A Happy and Merry 25th to all. Just a small update about what's been going on. I'm sorry though, as it's about possible further delays.

I may have to push the open date a little further; certain aspects of the plugin aren't working the way they should be, driving me a little crazy. I'm not entirely confident that I can complete them in time for the initially planned 1st of January open date.
It's mainly the Factions aspect of the plugin that is producing issues at the moment, and opening at this time without that functionality ruins the point of a "Factions" Server.

I'm still working hard to resolve this issue, and I am still aiming to get this ready for January 1st. But like I said, I might need a little extra time.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
Apologies for not updating this sooner; I've been a little preoccupied. Plans have shifted again in terms of the scheduled re-opening date.

Seeing how close Minecraft is now to 1.17 with all the new snapshots rolling out, the plan now is to wait until 1.17 comes around. With how the new world generation works, if we make anything at this point, it will be destroyed when we update, seeing that at the moment, there doesn't appear to be any way to convert worlds over.
Any attempt at making a new world and spawn would be effort wasted.

I've been looking at the new snapshots, there doesn't appear to be any drastic code changes, so migrating plugin versions should go smoothly once the update happens. That said, with the 1.17 release date not available yet, it goes the same for us. Until that happens, the server will remain closed until that date can be determined.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
The Server is now open for people to play in.

I Would Like To Stress... This Is Only Temporary!

Seeing that 1.17 is slightly further away that previously thought. It's better for those who want to play to have the chance to connect and enjoy themselves. However as stated previously when 1.17 does come out the world will need to be reset. This is due to the new world generation.

For the time being, enjoy and create.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

Staff Member
Admin
The Server is now open for people to play in.

I Would Like To Stress... This Is Only Temporary!

Seeing that 1.17 is slightly further away that previously thought. It's better for those who want to play to have the chance to connect and enjoy themselves. However as stated previously when 1.17 does come out the world will need to be reset. This is due to the new world generation.

For the time being, enjoy and create.

IP is still the same.
And we have working Factions!

Code:
/f help
/f create <name>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom