Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted seraphina's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Username: seraphina

Name
Seraphina (Sera)

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:216697173

Your DiscordID
seradactyl#6628

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
► BlackWonder US | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder TX | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder NY | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder LA | Orange | 100% Crits ◄

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've been playing on Blackwonder servers for a fairly long time now, and I've made some pretty awesome friends. Recently I've been more open to socializing through text and voice. I've always enjoyed the servers, but having people to talk to makes me even more eager to play.

100% Crit Servers don't seem to have active moderators, and though the occasional cheater gets banned within a few hours (via Discord report), there is plenty of toxicity and spawn-camping that goes unpunished. I'd like to help make a friendly environment in which everyone is free to play.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Daily; Regularly I'm on 8PM CST - As late as 2AM CST.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Chat (Spamming, Offensive, Racism, Toxicity, Harassment);

Warning / 1 Hour Gag / 3 Hour Gag / 24 Hour Gag / 3 Day Gag / 1 Week Gag / 1 Month Gag / Permanent Gag

Voice Chat (Spamming, Offensive, Racism, Toxicity, Harassment, Foreign Language, Bad Mic/Immature Voice)
Warning / 1 Hour Mute / 3 Hour Mute / 24 Hour Mute / 3 Day Mute / 1 Week Mute / 1 Month Mute / Permanent Mute

Exploiting;
Warning / Warning / 1 Hour Ban / 3 Hour Ban / 24 Hour Ban / 3 Day Ban / 1 Week Ban / 1 Month Ban / Permanent Ban

Calling out Undercover Staff;
Warning / 1 Hour Mute/Gag / 3 Hour Mute/Gag / 24 Hour Mute/Gag / 3 Day Mute/Gag / 1 Week Mute/Gag / 1 Month Mute/Gag / Permanent Mute/Gag

Abusing !calladmin;
Warning / Warning / 30 Min Ban / 1 Hour Ban / 3 Hour Ban / 24 Hour Ban / 3 Day Ban / 1 Week Ban / 1 Month Ban / Permanent Ban

Spawn-Camping (Shooting Into Spawn, Sending Spies Into Spawn Through Teleporter)
Warning / Warning / Kick / 1 Hour Ban / 3 Hour Ban / 24 Hour Ban / 3 Day Ban / 1 Week Ban / 1 Month Ban / Permanent Ban

Evading Punishment Through Alt / Name Change;
Doubling Prior Punishment

NSFW (Spray, Objector);
Permanent Spray Ban

Advertising Hacks;
Permanent Gag/Permanent Mute

Hacking or Cheating;
Permanent Ban + Recording

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
- A few months ago I kicked myself as a donor. It won't happen again, but I still feel bad about it.
- I Bhop, so my 'e' key is binded to say '/r' in chat. From time to time I just accidentally press it.
- Frequently recognized on Crit servers under multiple names (usually Sera(phina,dactyl)) due to consistent activity.

I'd love to receive feedback. Thank you for your time! c:
(And thank you to the staff who helped this morning <3)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

spade

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member

spade

Hi, just gonna list some things
-No punishments from what i can find
-Relatively clean chat logs
-Plenty of playtime on blw
I am going to say that 1 hour mute/ban to 24 hours mute/ban is a bit steep but otherwise this application is pretty solid.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Hello.

According to TfStats you have over 25 days of playtime in our servers, which is good as it is ideal that staff are active

However, i would like to question the legitimacy of this playtime as i have seen you several times on the crit servers in the past and in many of this instances i find you to be idling, even in recent dates. Some of your playtime consists of very long game sessions with little to no activity, as seen by the little changes they carry, such as playing for 4 hours and only registering 12 points.

Whilst it is appreciated that you're interested in helping the community it goes without say that you ought to be honest in your application and that you are willing to moderate the servers you've chosen, this meaning being active and on the lookout of things while you're on them.

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi there!

For most of the instances of my long sessions, I struggle to make a difference in points unless the current activity is one-sided. Due to my ranking and the current point system, I generally have to manage a high K/D ratio, since dying results in setting me back significantly. I don't usually regard my points, but more often than not I can spend hours getting nowhere. (Servers like US crits demand over 11 kills per life). With all due respect, I don't believe the point difference between sessions is entirely relevant to activity.

The idling has only been fairly recent, and while there isn't much of an excuse for that, most of my sessions are completely legitimate regarding activity. I'm more than willing to leave if I have to take a step away from the computer though.

That being said, thank you for your feedback!

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Hiya again. 2 Things with your punishment ladder

NSFW (Spray, Objector, Steam Avatar);
Permanent Spray Ban
Spraybanning will not change their steam avatar. The only things we use spraybans for are Sprays and Objectors.
Evading Punishment Through Alt / Name Change;
Permanent Ban
Rule of thumb for punishment evasion is the punishment length doubles (Including whatever priors they have)

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Welcome to the team. You will be at the following servers. Please expect a DM on discord from me shortly.
Seraphina STEAM_0:1:216697173 [U:1:433394347]
► BlackWonder US | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder TX | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder NY | Orange | 100% Crits ◄
► BlackWonder LA | Orange | 100% Crits ◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 17)

Top Bottom