Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Sectus's Moderator Application

Sectus

Strange
Username: Sectus

Name
Sectus

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? The website states that I do not, but I'm almost positive I have at least a week of playtime.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:37175424

Your DiscordID
Sectus#6700

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Edge Gaming servers (junior admin), Deathmatchers Anonymous (head admin), xTcR (admin supervisor)

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I typically play the most on the Blackwonder Jailbreak server, and that is the server for which I would prefer to moderate.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I have extensive prior experience not only as a regular entry level admin but also an admin supervisor or head admin with previous servers. As a result of this experience I'm familiar with both the in-game applications used to execute admin commands and the back-end portion of administration concerning RCON access and SourceBans useage for removing bans when necessary or successfully appealed by the punished party.

My experience as an admin in the past involved the basic expectations of an admin, generally spending time on the server and monitoring interactions between players and ensuring that community and server rules were not violated and that play continued in an uninterrupted fashion. For xTcR specifically, I was a regular membership-level admin, and after several months of doing that I transitioned to what they called 'military police' which was essentially an admin supervisor. 90% of the job of MPs in xTcR involved discreetly or plainly monitoring the behavior of on-server admins to ensure that they did not abuse or misuse their authority on regular members.

Beyond TF2 I also have prior experience serving in administration and faction management with Garry's Mod servers, namely Lemon Punch or Nebulous as it is now known. The duties of an admin there were drastically different than in TF2 however as it involved enforcing roleplay rules and making sure everyone stayed in character and behaved appropriately as well.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Depends on the workload I have from IRL, by typically anywhere from 8 to 15 hours a week.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Scaling dependent entirely on the offense and the history of the person committing the rule violation. I find that penalties tend to work most efficiently in this scaling fashion when applied in specific manner. As an example, if someone were to post inappropriate sprays, disabling their ability to spray for 30 minutes, then an hour, and then three hours, etc. until the penalty becomes effectively infinite based on their continued violation of that rule.

Though I'm willing to enforce rules based on however I am instructed by those in charge of the server, I believe that it is unnecessary to ban someone for something that can be handled with a lesser penalty like muting or gagging. This ensures that while the person IS being punished, they are still likely to play on the server and keep our community's activity up.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I am a 911 dispatcher IRL so my scheduling for work can be hectic. If I am unable to make a certain number of hours in a given week I will try and give notice ahead of time if at all possible. Thank you for reading this application!

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

The website states that I do not, but I'm almost positive I have at least a week of playtime.
Nowhere close.
Screenshot_20220806-023313_Firefox.jpg

In addition, while tfstats may sometimes not record sessions properly, two hours to a week is a huge gap and it is extremely unlikely that you would've had that issue for so long.
Screenshot_20220806-023946_Firefox.jpg

This is legit all of the sessions that gave been recorded, minus the ones today that haven't gone through yet. Only a couple in 2020 and one in 2021.

Otherwise, good luck with your application.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Declining due to playtime and session logs, but happy to have you apply again in the future

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom