Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined seagle's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagle

Strange

seagle

Username: seagle

Name
seagle

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? 21 days, 0 hours, 51 minutes, 21 seconds

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:107374829

Your DiscordID
seagle#0664

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Helper on CY4G Idle server long long ago, don't know if that server/community is still active. Ran games and punished rulebreakers.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I mostly play on US JB nowadays, although I also play a fair amount of US Hightower. Used to play a lot of LA JB. I'd like to moderate US JB.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've been playing TF2 for a long time, and I'm willing to bet around 1000 of those hours were spent playing either JB LA or now US JB. I know the rules better than the back of my hand, and I've seen moderation be carried out effectively and ineffectively. I've seen regulars and staff come and go, and I've seen more than my fair share of people who know how to get around the vote punishment system. Being unable to protect the community that's become a large part of my life is incredibly frustrating. If I'm able to moderate, I can much more effectively protect the community.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Azzy (formerly known as Lox), Console, 10k, Raven, Tax Fraud, and Jim, I've all known for a long time. Recently, Cowboy (who I believe got mod but I haven't seen in a while,) Rodd, and Pienamai come to mind. However, if you name a staff member who's been active on JB LA or JB US in the last 5 years, there's a good change I've interacted with him. Benedevil himself called me a good warden once, that was cool but I don't know how much that counts for.

How often do you play TF2?
Pretty often, I'm still in school and I've got responsibilities, but if I'm not busy I'm probably online.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
I think the benefit of the doubt is important, and I'll give warnings and educate to the best of my ability.

General:

Evasion/Dodging: Double punishment length
Report Punishment: minimum extension of 24 hours, situational extensions.
Mute/Gag talking: Warning, 1 day ban, 2d, 3d, 1w, 2 w, perm
Toxicity/Player dis: Warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 3d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, perm
Clearly Intentional Racism/Homophobia: 1 day mute/gag, 2d, 5d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, perm
Micspam and Chatspam: Warning, second warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 4 days, 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, perm
Not english over voice: Warning in english, warning in spoken language (either spoken or google translated), 1 hour mute, 2hr, 4hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w
Inappropriate Spray: Permanent Sprayban
Other Inappropriate Content: Warning to change the content to something acceptable, Kick with a similar warning, 1d ban, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Exploiting: Warning, Slay (can be done with the warning in severe cases), 1 Hour ban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Hacking: Record Evidence and Perm Ban
Advertising Hacks: Perm Silence
Exposing Aliasing Staff: 30 minute mute or gag (with explanation since most offences are accidental), 1hr, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Abusing !calladmin: Warning, 8 Hour Ban, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm

Jailbreak Specific Rules:

Overtalking Admin During Mic Check: Warning, 1 hour mute, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr, 1d
Talking Over Warden: Warning, 1 hour mute, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr, 1d, 2d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm Mute
Armory Camping: Warning, Slay, If blu, 1 hour teamban, 3hr, 6hr, 1d, 2d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm Tban
Sticky Trapping: Warning to explode, Slay, 1 hour teamban if blu, 3hr, 6hr, 1d, 2d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm Tban
Delaying: Warning, Slay
Ghosting: Warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 3hr, 6hr, 1d, 2d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm Mute/Gag
Repeated False Accusations: Warning, 1 hour mute/gag, 3hr, 6hr, 1d, 2d, 1w, 2w. 1mo, Perm Mute/Gag

Reds:
Freeday Abuse: Warning, Slay

Blus:
Nomic: Perm Tban
Unwilling to be Warden: Warning (With slay if !uw) , 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w,1mo, Perm
Freekill: Warning and Respawn Red, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Killing Freeday,: Warning, Respawn and Restore the Freeday, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1 mo, Perm
Baiting: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Camping Rebel Areas: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Wandering: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Mass Freekill: Slay, Respawn Red Team with 1w teamban, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Abusing FF: Warning+Slay, Respawn Victim, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1 mo, Perm
Button Griefing: Warning (with Slay if severe), Respawn any Reds killed, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2 w, 1mo, Perm
Griefing: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Favoritism: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1 mo, Perm
LR Denial: 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm

Warden:
Giving Kill/Trick Orders: Warning, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Illegal FF: Respawn the reds killed, along with a 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Pardoning: Warning, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Illegal Usage of Minigames (4th round of same minigame, Trivia with too many red, etc): Warning, Slay, Respawn any Reds killed, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Not giving Repeats: Warning, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Renaming Reds: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Illegal Freeday: Warning, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Lying: Warning, Slay, Respawn any Reds killed, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm
Chaining days: Warning, Slay, 1 Hour teamban, 2hr, 8hr, 1d, 2d, 4d, 1w, 2w, 1mo, Perm

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I won't pretend my punishment record is clean, however I feel with my experience, some punishments are inevitable. I don't dispute any of my punishments, and respect everyone involved in them. In addition, I now make a conscious effort to avoid any and all rulebreaking at all times, even more than before.
Chatlogs/Playtime: https://tfstats.tf/player/54460
Chatlogs should be relatively clear, I'm generally a pretty profane person (although I'm working on it), however I never intend to offend/attack any players.
I'm aware of my inactivity on forums, if that's the reason for my denial, I completely understand. I can be more active on forums if need be.
Like I mentioned in "Why would you like to become a moderator?" I've been around for a while. I've been playing probably since I was 13, and I fully intend to play well past my 30s. I truly do love this server and the community surrounding it, and I'd be honored to have the privelidge to protect it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and for your consideration. Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns and I'll respond as possible.

-seagle

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? I speak mostly conversational spanish relatively well.

editlog: spelling/addition to signoff

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
You ripped a very large amount of your punishment ladders directly from my app with minimal changes. While flattering, plagiarism is frowned upon here, please put more effort into your application.

seagle

Strange

seagle

You ripped a very large amount of your punishment ladders directly from my app with minimal changes. While flattering, plagiarism is frowned upon here, please put more effort into your application.
Understood. Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi seagle,

Seeing how this application has been open for quite some time, a handful of attempts were made to contact you to ascertain whether or not you were still interested in applying. All attempts have been unsuccessful. As such, this application shall be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom