Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scultek - Idea for Ragekill VSH

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Why the repost?

Whatever, short form again, experienced players mostly don't use rage and it would be way to hard for newbies who still learn, mayby add this to "reduced rage" in the /vshc menu but otherwise I am totally against this being applied in every instance.

Also, I know they don't matter much but pls poll.

ScuLTeK

Strange
Why the repost?

Whatever, short form again, experienced players mostly don't use rage and it would be way to hard for newbies who still learn, mayby add this to "reduced rage" in the /vshc menu but otherwise I am totally against this being applied in every instance.

Also, I know they don't matter much but pls poll.

Having a bit of speed to dodge the saxton's blow in ragekill does not penalize the beginners simply giving players a way to flee the ragekill
Avoir un peu de vitesse pour esquiver les coup du saxton en ragekill ne penalise pas les debutants simplement donner aux joueurs un moyen de fuir le ragekill

Last edited:

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Having a bit of speed to dodge the saxton's blow in ragekill does not penalize the beginners simply giving players a way to flee the ragekill

In my perspective it seem's harder to kill someone who can flee faster from me than on normal speed, so it somewhat penatilizes newbies right?
Also, how op do you want the speed boost to be, should the players be outright allowed to outrun the Hale???
The onliest purpose of rage would be to deny ubers, stop sticky/rocket jumping and stun sentries.
Regarding players the speed boost only would lower the casualities per rage as Reds spread out faster and Hale has to travel longer, dodging won't change much either as its not the movement speed but rather the tricking by changing directions wich allows you to dodge---> experienced players will hit you no matter the speed, newbies not.

For me, calling someone "Rage noob" seem's to be the more common fix used by the majority of players, lets leave it at that.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
The whole point of rage is to make annoying players easier to kill. While this is generally regarded as a noob tactic, and it kind of is, giving players a speed buff when raged against would ruin the whole point of a rage. Sure, you could remove sentries all the same, but imagine a scout with a speed buff. Those guys are already hard for newbie Hales to deal with.

Really, this would just make rounds longer by addressing an issue that in my time playing VSH isn't even a problem.

ScuLTeK

Strange
[QUOTE = "Steve Harvey Oswald, poste: 36665, membre: 1466"] Le point de fureur est de rendre les joueurs ennuyeux plus faciles à tuer. Alors que cela est généralement considéré comme une tactique noob, et c'est un peu, c'est à donner aux joueurs un buff de la vitesse quand ils se faufèrent contre la ruine. Bien sûr, vous pouvez supprimer les sentinelles tout de même, mais imaginez un scout avec un buff de vitesse. Ces types sont déjà difficiles pour le débutant Hales.

Vraiment, cela ne fonctionnerait que plus longtemps en abordant un problème qui, dans mon temps, jouant à VSH n'est même pas un problème. [/ QUOTE]
vous ne savez pas ce que vous parlez i susi francais et vous dites quelque chose OMG
you do not know what you speak i am french and you say anything OMG

ScuLTeK

Strange
Je suis un tres ancien joueur de saxton je connais mieux que toi le mod je connais aussi comment fonctionne le code du mod, tu es entrain d'ecrire des bétises quand nous sommes effrayés nous marchons donc avoir un peu plus de vitesse possible d'esquiver les coups que tu sois médecin, scout, lourd, démoman nous marchons tous sous la rage !!!!

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

La vitesse pour perdez le blouclier c'est plus grande de Hale et scout.... Rage c'est inutile aprês la augumentent de la rage...

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Uh so he basically talks about that he knows more about this game than you and thinks that all classes he mentioned die to rage...

I am not that good at writing in francais so I can't help him more than google translator

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

So at the moment you're boiling this down to "I've played the gamemode more, I know it better than you. This is my fix, and what you're writing is stupid/wrong."

Giving players more speed during a rage defeats the point of the rage, and makes it easier for players to beat a hale, which in itself is easy already. I have 2k hours of FF2/VSH experience, I don't flaunt it around like I'm the best.

Edit: Google translate does a good job of translating roughly.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Also the Speed increase should be as high as the demoman's when he loses his shield, wich is faster than scout if I am correct

EDIT: misinterpretion, it will still be stunned movementspeed but with the increase as base, mayby around solider movement speed?

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Idk what happened to the other thread but if I recall, we aren't doing anything until he gives us the SOURCE code for this. Oh and I think the idea makes more problems than it solves.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I privately chatted with him and he says he is able to code it, also some clearance

The "Speed bonus" will be the same as losing the shield as demonman, or displinary action boost in vanilla, and will last 3 second (wich is half of the entire rage stuntime), wich after some research actually isn't that much as it already scales down with current speed (for example heavy: 100%(default)-50%(stun)+40%(speed)=90%of his normal speed, this is maximum bonus, scout gets 25% bonus to around 75% of his default speed).

EDIT: Well, he asked for closing this suggestion, nvm then...

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom