Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scoot Guide

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Firstly, this is written purely from experience of an 800 hour Jeremy/scout main (i need to do smth with me lief) and doesn't need to appeal to everyone.

images
So lets do dis

________________________________________________________________________________________

First things first:

The Cosmetics.
If you play scout, some people believe you will be a tough challenge when having a bunch 'o cosmetics slapped on your class. So it sometimes works to just look like a f2p with (for example) the gud ol' gibus. Enemies will underestimate you and don't really bother too much. That is until they're dead.
images

The loadout
Now this is depending on your play style and situation.

The stock, which i prefer, is a good all around loadout to deal damage while still being pretty annoying. That's also kinda what you have to do as a scout, but we'll come back to that later.

Then there is there is
100px-Item_icon_Force-A-Nature.png
the force a nature. This weapon can deal tons of damage when hitting directly + pushing enemies out of sight to deny their attacks. This is also a great choice in MVM as it can push back bomb carriers and makes you triple jump. You can be unpredictable if using the triple jump correctly.

100px-Item_icon_Shortstop.png
Only for the ones who like to play with it. Overall not the best choice.

100px-Item_icon_Soda_Popper.png
is weapon can be quite useful. The extra jumps allow you to reach places only sticky jumper and rocket jumpers can get(Not always though). It's jumps make you also unpredictable for the enemy and you can be really annoying for the enemy team when using properly.

100px-Item_icon_Baby_Face%27s_Blaster.png
This is also a weapon which i do not recommend anymore. The speed it can get you is pretty decent, though, it got a huge nerf which slows you down on hit, and thus, you can be countered easily.

100px-Item_icon_Back_Scatter.png
Usually not the best choice except when you're a ninja spy who likes to stick his rabo into the back of an enemy. But jokes aside, if you think you can manage it to sneak up on the enemy this could be useful.

Playstyle

You want to ask yourself, how would you like to play the class?

The annoyance, as i will call it now, is simply you jumping around the enemy with Bonk!, Soda Popper, and any meele( actually you can do this with every loadout...) and try to let them focus on you while your team takes them down. That's what this class is for.

The pro player, is that type who knows how to take down people. Tries to mvp, remembers where the medipacks are, and overall knows how to take down classes. This comes with some time spent on the class.

The support, is that guy running around with Fan-O-War, Mad milk, and any primary to help their team as they push forward. Milk enemy's and punch with the fan to helps your team survive with ease.

The guy-who-plays-the-class-as-intended, is that person who simply makes use of the abilities of scout. Takes objectives, picks out weaker classes and double jumps to dodge attacks and reach higher places.

Aim

Now aiming is that what bothers me the most. The best thing you can do is just to practise, practise and practise.
Adjust your DPI to a comfortable point you can play with it for a while. Enable Raw mouse input in the options and disable mouse acceleration( in-Game and in Windows).
Your FPS should be stable, otherwise you will end up missing your shots.

Also do not double jump while shooting, it will force you to aim down instead of just left and right.

Generally playing

Now that you got everything set, you want to practise in-game. Try instant respawn servers so you don't waste much time waiting. Medipacks are very important as you are the lowest HP class, try to remember medipack spots and stay in range of one so that pyro's cant kill you with the their afterburn.

When playing, make sure to pick weaker classes first. Snipers can be an easy target when close. Make sure to NEVER walk straight towards the sniper or any other class in general. Always try to stay as unpredictable as possible. Jump around, Zick zack and use nearby props as cover until you get close enough to easily take them down. Continusely jumping around enemies heads will decrease their aim at a big rate. Try to experiment around with that sometime.

"Comming from behind" is also a great method to take down the enemy. Use your double jumps and speed to pass by the opposite team and give 'em a lil surprise. Or unnoticeably cap their last point...
images

Kthx

Pretty short guide with things missing here and there. Will update it later.

thx4reading

~Annoying scoot main

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom