Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted 's real muselk appeal

Gaben

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
What's your username?
real muselk

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? https://steamcommunity.com/id/TF2SolarLight/

Who has punished you?
Console

Why were you punished?
There is a newly discovered exploit in TF2 where players can use certain sv_cheats commands, by editing the custom HUD. More information can be found in this github report:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/3734

I wanted to experiment to see how broken it is, but didn't want to ruin any real games of TF2, so I joined a completely empty server (the x50 100% crits server specifically, at midnight, when no players were present).

However, I promptly got auto-banned for messing around with cl_pitchup, even though there weren't any players on the server. My bad, I suppose.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
This was entirely my fault, so I'm understanding if the ban is permanent. However, I was not disrupting the experience of other players, nor was that my intent. I mostly just sat around in the spawn room alone, tinkering around with commands while there was nobody else present to see what I was doing.

Apologies for the incredibly odd scenario.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
We're very confident in our anticheat's ability to detect all three of the exploits you have listed, within a very short amount of time.

Since there were no players on the server and the system is guaranteed to catch you if it happens again, as well as the fact your story matches up with the anticheat logs, I will remove this ban only once.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom