Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Rtd For All literally KILLING servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
Today on a Server someone used the "RTD for all" command and after that the Server just got killed completely.
We didn't get any messages like "Server shutting down" after it, It just literally sent us to the Main menu.
When rejoining everyone had this error pop up in their console:
"st_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 1."

After a while I contacted Benedevil about this and he said:
Benedevil:
Seems like it didn't recover after the crash

This is proof "RTD for all" can completely shut down a server. This is not the only Issue with the feature but This is probably the BIGGEST ISSUE we found about it yet. We all know it can also create Chaos in a completely normal round, get people stuck outside the map, lead to freekills with the Sentry rtd and may result in Bugs the round after.

I guess it didn't get removed before because it was just a "fun little ting for giggles" but now If it's a threat to the servers I am certain I absolutely want it removed.

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Getting rocket on the warden giving reds an unfair advantage to rebel over a thing he cant fight against is balanced, we need to keep rtd

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Like I said before rebelling is insanely difficult, rtds help the reds immensely.
Running away is just way too hard when shotgun sniping exists, but if they`re spammed too much they kill a server.
The best compromise for both parties is to limit them.

Yelowchy

Gore-Spattered
Just raising the price can work... but the price has to be a lot higher.
I would recommend a price in the range of 5000 to 10000 credits

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Raising the price won`t work. Limit them.
Increasing the price won't work because trading in items exists, people trade keys for credits making rtd not very nice.
Just limit them pretty please

Yelowchy

Gore-Spattered
Raising the price won`t work. Limit them.
Increasing the price won't work because trading in items exists, people trade keys for credits making rtd not very nice.
Just limit them pretty please
There will always be a price point where people can’t afford them anymore...

D

Deleted member 2049

I said raising the price wasn't going to work a long time ago, but a certain individual thought otherwise

Hyped

Rage Inducing
I said raising the price wasn't going to work a long time ago,
Me and you both mate.
The cons for rtd heavily outweigh the pro. They lead to mass freekills, kills a server and its playerbase, is a crutch for rebelling (which is somewhat needed), leads to unfair death meaning you have to wait another 10 minutes max to respawn etc.
The only reason we`re asking for it to be limited is that there is a vocal population that wants it to stay so limiting them is a good compromise.
Still rtds are stupid and should go away, I have never seen one good pro rtd comment its ridiculous how people can defend it.

Rakesh

henry

This is absolutely true, RTD for all literally kills jailbreak rounds. People are getting sick from it because there is nothing we can do about it. I myself got permanently teambanned because I got an RTD that kills half the server. I recommend that RTD for all gets removed for good.

Kind regards
-Rakesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom