Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Revert some of the recent changes to Jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I'm not a fan of some of the additions to JB in the new update, and I would like to suggest reverting some of them after a week of breaking in the new update. The changes in question are as follows:
Revert the critical logic.
I commented on the issues with this on the thread that suggested it, and in addition to the points I made then some new problems have come up. The critical sound effect now plays on every blue attack, which not only makes stealth harder in the few situations where it matters, but also hearing the buzz every few seconds gets annoying after a while. Melee attacks now also always use the critical animation, which causes problems especially for the spy's knife, as it always playing the backstab animation can make it harder to identify whether you've backstabbed the target or not.
Prevent airblast from affecting enemy players.
I cant speak for why it was initially removed, but airblast from my experience is too disruptive to exist in Jailbreak, with guards abusing it constantly even with rules in place restricting its usage.
Disable disguising with the YER. This change puzzles me the most. There was a rule in place banning disguising with the weapon before that function was removed, yet now red team can once again disguise on a backstab.

Last edited:

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

I now have a better understanding of how these changes work and changed my opinion on these changes accordingly.

The new crit logic

I now like this change the crit static noise has gone away somehow and afterburn damage/sentry damage do normal damage instead of minicrits like I was originally told so you can survive these two annoying damage types easier.

The re addition of airblast

This is an alright change I don't mind it anymore.

The re addition of disguising

I actually really like the new your eternal reward/wanga prick change because it is actually balanced when you get a stab you receive a red aura so you have to avoid blues until it disappears, after the aura effect fades you have to play mind games to secure more stabs. I also really like this addition because this adds a new effective playstyle for spy players that does not make my thumb sore.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Prevent airblast from affecting enemy players.
I can't speak for why it was initially removed, but airblast from my experience is too disruptive to exist in Jailbreak, with guards abusing it constantly even with rules in place restricting its usage.
Disable disguising with the YER. This change puzzles me the most. There was a rule in place banning disguising with the weapon before that function was removed, yet now red team can once again disguise on a backstab.
Both of those are intended features of jailbreak that were only temporarily disabled because of the new plugin. Not really going to be changed because "I don't like it" isn't valid. Blues can "abuse reds" with any weapon. The ER was set to only work for red team and not blue so if it's working for blue that can be fixed, regardless the rules already cover how the ER is allowed to be used for both teams.

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

With the ER its not like its broken, you can't even get chain stabs because the aura lasts for 30seconds EACH stab and any blue with a functioning brain will realise, rounds last barely 6-8minutes that's 12ish stabs if you perfectly time it and don't get caught. just cause a spy can kill an entire team once in a blue moon doesn't mean we need to revert it

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Based on poll results. The only thing that I am modifying is the removal of airblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom