Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Requesting Jb Server Rule Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

a byte
So here's the story (skip if you don't like war documentaries):

I was a prisoner minding my own business when suddenly warden (who was tilted at reds because reds kept rebelling and killing all the blues in the previous rounds, so i don't blame him) screamed, "WARDAY IN MEDIC, BLUES NOT IN MEDIC ARE BAITING!" They all rush into the medic, and this is in the jb_supermario map where cells and medic are facing each other. I sit up in my chair alerted, and the cells open. Next thing i know, blue team is shooting all the reds from medic, and everyone is falling to sniper and heavy kritz while reds can't get out to get ammo. And the few who managed to get out on a sliver of health couldn't do anything because of the regenerative powers from medic and warden gave blues 1 minute in medic until they got out to roam and hunt reds, which sucked because in mere seconds of the cells opening, it was 7-23 to 7-7 (blues & reds, respectively). My cellmate and I were one of the few 7 who tried to hide in cells and couldn't get out from the barrage of bullets being sprayed at us. I took a deep look in my pyro mate's eyes when I told him "I'm sorry it had to be like this..." and i cried a little inside. I saw the light in his eyes one last time before he jumped out of the cells and his body was shredded to pieces. I saw his lifeless rag doll body hit the back wall of our cell and I stood there in horror at the massacre, no way to defend myself from the blues checking cells for the rest of us. I was the last red when a heavy who had no items and looked like a free to play walked into my cell. I knew this was my final moments of life. I tried to attack him but the attacks did nothing with the medic healing him constantly. I moved away to the back of my cell, and fell to the ground with my back on the wall. The heavy revved up his mini gun as he laughed at my weakness. I looked at my cellmates lifeless eyes one last time before my body was crushed against the wall and he continuously shredded me while i faintly heard everyone spamming in voice chat and chat "OVERKILL? MORE LIKE OVERKILLED!" I closed my eyes as I thought about how if we didn't have warday i could give me and my pyro mate free day for surviving another day. That was when i decided to get off the server and come here to write about my experience with f2p's and trigger happy wardens. If this has happened to you too, please say something. 1 comment = 1 prayer for pywo

Anyways, enough of the dramatics. I wanted to request a server rule update specifically for warday.

Current Rule:
All Blues go to one specific place when they announce when the day is starting, all prisoners have to get ammo and try to kill the Blues. The Blues cna leave their place at a time specified by the Warden at the start of the round. "Last Reuqest" can not be earned. The minigame must be announced at the start of the round and cannot be played two rounds in a row.

(this is literally how its typed)

Suggested Updated Rule:
All Blues go to a specific mini game that isn't in front of armory or cells. When Warden announces where it will be held, all blues have to go there or they are considered baiting and reds can kill them. All prisoners have to get ammo and try to kill the Blues. The Blues can leave their place at a time specified by the Warden at the start of the round. Peeking outside mini game is not allowed. "Last Request" can not be earned. This mini game (Warday) must be announced at the start of the round and cannot be played two rounds in a row.

(If agreed, you guys can copy the way it's formatted or change it to your liking)

I also think maps should have a designated warday area/minigame so all blues aren't confused and is advantageous for both prisoners and guards.

Tell me your ideas and what way you all think, and thanks a lot for taking the time to read all of this, I appreciate it. P.S. Sorry again for dramatics i tried making the idea a little more real and understandable. Also i made 4 responses for diversity. P.S.S. Please be nice to me ;-;

Last edited:

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

The RP isn't needed in the story but I suppose some will get humour from it. It's a suggestion, not a story.

I would suggest that instead of any of the above mentioned suggestions, it could be changed to something along the lines of ..."Any location that does not have a direct view of the main cell area".

This would still allow for camping in non-minigame areas such as Medic, the tower next to Pool in SuperMario V13, or the slot machine room on the map I can never remember the name of.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
That's something we'll address in the next ruleset as a QoL change, however in your story the warden was already in the wrong and causing a MFK. The current definition of the day still states that the reds are supposed to have ammo and fight the blues as a deathmatch, while in this case the warden clearly made this completely impossible by attacking the reds before they'd even left the cells. Provide evidence and the warden will be banned.

Overkill

a byte
That's something we'll address in the next ruleset as a QoL change, however in your story the warden was already in the wrong and causing a MFK. The current definition of the day still states that the reds are supposed to have ammo and fight the blues as a deathmatch, while in this case the warden clearly made this completely impossible by attacking the reds before they'd even left the cells. Provide evidence and the warden will be banned.

As i said i was completely surprised when it happened and didn't have time to react, my recording software being off. I also don't want to call names because i don't have evidence to support it. I understand what your saying, and yes the warden could've been in the wrong. I just feel like the rule we have now isn't specifying warday and many people can take advantage of this. If anything, this is something you can use for your next QoL change. I'm just trying to bring awareness to the situation i was in. Thank you for reading and replying.

Overkill

a byte
The RP isn't needed in the story but I suppose some will get humour from it. It's a suggestion, not a story.

I would suggest that instead of any of the above mentioned suggestions, it could be changed to something along the lines of ..."Any location that does not have a direct view of the main cell area".

This would still allow for camping in non-minigame areas such as Medic, the tower next to Pool in SuperMario V13, or the slot machine room on the map I can never remember the name of.

I put an option for that in the votebox for diversity, and what you say is a really good alternative. Thanks for reading and replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom