Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console

Server Clearing
so in jailbreak when people ask for a repeat the warden doesnt really see that someone asked for a repeat sometimes and that can be a bad thing if the warden cant see the repeates so i wanna ask if we could add a command like this !r or /r and then when you type that it make like a little sound so and it says <player> asked for a repeat or we could add so when people Type !repeat in chat then in the middle of the screen it says <player> requested a repeat so thats my suggestions and i know people can spam the command but then if we can get the !r added or the !repeat then the !r can only be played 1 time for each player same with !repeat

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I personally don't really see the point in this; Sure there are always going to be people who ask for a repeat on every order while 80% of the time it's to be annoying and 20% it's for real. People would spam it like you said and all that jazz. Secondly since I've played warden quite a few times myself, I find it's already stressful enough as it is making sure both the reds and my fellow blues aren't being idiots without a wall of nonsense text on my screen. Your idea has a good concept but it's not really needed and it makes it would be a chore to iron out into something useful.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

So a red will normally ask in chat for a repeat, and the warden won't see it. So the solution you have to this problem, is instead of a red typing "repeat" in chat, they type !r and now a message comes up in chat "Ben has asked for a repeat!". What is the difference? They just won't see this as much as they don't see "repeat" in the chat in the first place?

Console

Server Clearing
well i did say we could do so when people type !repeat in chat then in middle of the screen it says <player> has requested for a repeat"
then everyone will be able to see who requested a repeat

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

well i did say we could do so when people type !repeat in chat then in middle of the screen it says <player> has requested for a repeat"
then everyone will be able to see who requested a repeat

Yeah, that won't get irritating fast.

Megathekid

Scarcely Lethal
Maybe this could work, but people could only do it once every minute, give it some sort of cooldown so people can't abuse it.

Console

Server Clearing
well i did say that every player could use it 3 times per round or something like that

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

well i did say that every player could use it 3 times per round or something like that

Yeah, once again, spam. Let's say there are 15 reds, wardens mic isn't the best. 15 x 3 = 45. That's 45 different messages in the chat within a minute saying the exact same thing, even if we add a cool down period of maybe 10 seconds, still to frequent. The issue with me still stands though, what has this solved? If warden doesn't look at chat, what is the point in putting a message in chat? And if we shove it right in everyones face in the middle of the screen, people are going to get really annoyed, very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom