Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Remove voice pitch/ FX from all servers or Implement feature to disable them client side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

I'd propose being able to disable it client-side, like with !sounds.

It's still a donor perk and some people don't mind it.

Last edited:

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Agree with Puddin's alternate suggestion. If donors want to enjoy it then by all means go ahead. I just don't want to have to endure high pitched map-wide screams, voice commands and taunt sounds while trying to listen for Hale's movements and vocals.

People complain in VSH, usually the more experienced players that are trying to keep track of Hale.

Raiden

Wicked Nasty
I do like this kind of suggestion, due to the fact some guy can abuse it to the point where it is considered mic spam

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Yea, I also agree with what Puddin said. Since some people don't seem to be annoyed when donors use voice pitch I don't see why it should be removed entirely. And if you think it bothers you you could always disable voicefx at any time. It's a donor perk too so why should voicefx be unallowed if you paid to use it? Setting a command to be able to disable voicefx just grants pros for both sides imo. Donors can use it freely and people don't have to be annoyed.

As I see it, having the option to disable voicefx client wise would be a possible solution to this problem.

Raiden

Wicked Nasty
Yea, I also agree with what Puddin said. Since some people don't seem to be annoyed when donors use voice pitch I don't see why it should be removed entirely. And if you think it bothers you you could always disable voicefx at any time. It's a donor perk too so why should voicefx be unallowed if you paid to use it? Setting a command to be able to disable voicefx just grants pros for both sides imo. Donors can use it freely and people don't have to be annoyed.

As I see it, having the option to disable voicefx client wise would be a possible solution to this problem.
agree

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
From the source code I would only see the possibility of muting the sounds for certain clients when they are pitched. DFX however I can't seem to disable individually. I'd have to test if it is possible to mute mypitch, though it's not a very elegant solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom