Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove powerplay from Class Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
When you get dominated by the unfair OP team, when it's just impossible for fair win, like pyro vs engi, where pyros are just closed in their spawn like monkeys in the cage, powerplay gives a huge advantage to win.

Also try to stop powerplay by blocking them, or flying on their head, every second they loose wasting their time to win.

As a heavy try to sneak attack on them with a holiday punch, as a engineer build some stuff on the point to stop them for a while, as a scout fly around point and don't give them a chance to hit you, as any other class try to dodge attacks. Powerplay still needs to deal with entire team to kill them all, having reload time trouble. And after all, when there is no hope, you can still type !rtd by yourself and role something good like godmode/tiny size/invisible/die twice/powerplay.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Class warfare by nature is a very unbalanced gamemode. I know because I played my fair share of it. RTDs in my opinion don't really change much about the game as it is already unbalanced as-is, so it could actually help break a stalemate/spawncamp situation more than breaking what little game balance there is.
1607305011255.png

aponymous

Strange
The problem is that Powerplay is so much more powerful than any other RTD, to the point where it can immediately win/lose a match. And there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it most of the time.

At the very least, nerf its duration down to 10 seconds to match Godmode.

"ohhh it can make unwinnable matchups winnable!"
Most of the time, not really. And that doesn't make up for the fact that in even matchups, Powerplay results in an almost-guaranteed loss for defense.

It's just unfun. Oh, someone rolled powerplay, GG we lose.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
When you get dominated by the unfair OP team, when it's just impossible for fair win, like pyro vs engi, where pyros are just closed in their spawn like monkeys in the cage, powerplay gives a huge advantage to win.

Also try to stop powerplay by blocking them, or flying on their head, every second they loose wasting their time to win.

As a heavy try to sneak attack on them with a holiday punch, as a engineer build some stuff on the point to stop them for a while, as a scout fly around point and don't give them a chance to hit you, as any other class try to dodge attacks. Powerplay still needs to deal with entire team to kill them all, having reload time trouble. And after all, when there is no hope, you can still type !rtd by yourself and role something good like godmode/tiny size/invisible/die twice/powerplay.
I fully agree with this. Powerplay gives people at least some hope when they get absolutely dominated, which adds to the fun in my opinion

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I think I've said my piece on this elsewhere, but I believe one of the reasons this sentiment keeps popping up is because of the sheer frequency of the powerplay RTD, not only how it instantly shuts down the match whenever the attacking team rolls it.

The 24/7 dustbowl class wars server is really popular, and with factors such as 32 slots, low RTD cooldown and up to 20 minutes of time left on the clock on dustbowl last, you can actually consistently get powerplay or another high-impact roll to end the round.

Occasional random power spikes to shake up the game can be fun, but when it is the deciding factor in a majority of the matches it quickly loses its charm; this was my experience when I used to play on the server a lot.

Then again, the playerbase itself seems to disagree, or at least find enough enjoyment to keep playing anyway. Better not fix things when they're working well (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom