Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Remove mariopartextended from map rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
As much fun as Jailbreak can be as a gamemode, the fun also majorly revolves around the map that is being played on, and I, along with many other believe is that mariopartyextended doesn’t seem to be a smooth map for blus or reds. For blus, this map can be boring after a few plays as most minigames on the map are lackluster except for obby. As for reds, the rebel spots are very limited (I believe only 1 spot) and easily visible by blus as it literally right next to main cell area. The fact that the map is a port from CS makes it be more of an odd map for TF2 Jailbreak. Personally, almost every time that I have been on mariopartyextended, it has been rtv’d from before the 10 minute mark and I feel it should be removed from the map rotation.

Please vote on the poll posted. Thank you!

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

I also think this map should be removed because even if the blue spawn is fixed for special days the playing area would be relegated to main cell area and the minigames inside of cell area, if you wanted to leave the minigame you just entered or wanted to go outside you are stuck in a castle that a red can hit just to screw over their entire team. The map was made for csgo in mind so the entire map hurts the eyes of sensitive players as it is over saturated and meant to work with the shaders in that game, thanks to the bright white colors of main cell area this makes markers being extremely hard to see on this map. Most of the minigames on the map are unplayable and include bugs that make them very hard to enjoy after a few days of play testing this map on the server.

Balloon Race simply does not work.

Totem Pole Pound is basically favoritism as all the classes have different swing speeds and if a single red has a weapon that does more damage than the rest they win by default and you are seriously disadvantaged if you play spy, scout, soldier with a whip, or any other class that has a weapon the does less damage than the other weapons.

Dodge Ball although I really enjoyed this one as you can play it anytime as you don't need even teams to play it and warden can spawn up to 9 balls at a time, but the issue is that the reds can launch the balls upward at the ceiling causing it to kill the blues I am sure that the triggers on the ball clips through the invisible barrier which is pretty dumb.

Hexagon Heat is an interesting concept you can play crush game but the warden chooses which hexagon the red team have to stand on but the minigame breaks if more than one red stands on a hexagon as it will stay up along with the hexagon warden picked.

Platform Peril is basically an obby race but if you want to start the minigame sometimes the very last platform just falls so it become impossible to finish without it just killing all the reds.

I originally fell in love with this map as almost all of the minigames were not the same cliche minigames found in every map most of them I found unique, fun, and challenging but overtime I have come to hate that I even suggested its inclusion in the rotation as my other two suggestions being jb_orange_V2b and jb_mann_or_mouse_v1_b13a1 were much more deserving to be added.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Minigames are broken, colors are too bright, and we already have enough Mario maps. I will say it's nice to have less mundane minigames, but they need to be functioning first. Yeah this map needs to go.

OT:
Totem Pole Pound is basically favoritism as all the classes have different swing speeds and if a single red has a weapon that does more damage than the rest they win by default and you are seriously disadvantaged if you play spy, scout, soldier with a whip, or any other class that has a weapon the does less damage than the other weapons.

Guards don't pick the Red's classes or loadouts. It's on the individual prisoner for whatever happens as a result. It's why you can still do soccer with Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom