Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove crits for blu in jb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toast | blw.tf

Somewhat Threatening
I get that crits for blus in jb makes it easier for them to control the reds but I think it is a bit unfair for reds that want to rebel, when you get ammo as a red it makes it harder to fight blu's because they have crits, but if you would consider removing them it would make reds be able to rebel properly and not be scared to try and rebel.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
We've been through this before and no, critless blues are completely incapable of keeping reds in order. I'm talking completely. You can try it out for yourself on certain other community servers, blues without crits might as well be unarmed.

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/remove-warden-crits.1426/#post-6323
There's the post from early september last year, phew, it's been a while

Toast | blw.tf

Somewhat Threatening
We've been through this before and no, critless blues are completely incapable of keeping reds in order. I'm talking completely. You can try it out for yourself on certain other community servers, blues without crits might as well be unarmed.
I have tried servers where blus do not have crits and they can control the reds.

DJ Vault Boy

Strange
As someone who regularly plays as warden I can tell you first hand that without crits managing the reds would be a pain. But as someone who loves to rebel I can't tell you how many times I've been killed with those crits and how frustrating it is. It's a 50/50 on me. It makes it easier to manage but harder to rebel unless you're smart or a scout.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/jailbreak-suggestion.6304/
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/remove-warden-crits.1426/

Every time someone suggests the idea, it's the same song and dance. BLU's without their critical powers would have a much harder time dealing with RED's and their sheer numbers. It's a stupid idea to downgrade to minicrits too, because though damage fall-off is no longer a factor, they still do piss-all damage to RED's and could still just be easily swarmed. IF we removed crits, people would be unwilling to go on BLU and would then make suggestions to either fuck the RED team or reinstate perma crits.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I also suggest that Red now spawns with weapons and gain godmode when a warden is chosen to make it more fair.
Also, Blu's shouldn't be allowed to move anymore, thats just op!

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
So I've been holding in on this idea for quite a while now but since we've had this discussion so many times I figured why not suggest it. Why can't the warden enable and disable crits? It would make life a lot easier if it's f.e war day and we could even unban some minigames like Gladiator or Sharkday and make it a rule that crits have to be off for it. I'm gonna add a strawpoll

Making This A suggestion

Last edited:

emu

Sufficiently Lethal
I feel Blus without crits is just a pain. I've played on other servers where crits are disabled, and it seems unfair to the guards. And while it is annoying when you're trying to rebel and a sniper just taps on you and you instantly die, it almost adds a whole new layer to the gamemode. It enforces you to be smarter about your runaways. Also with the bhop plugin, without crits, you could easily get away from warden on larger maps.

idk thats just my thoughts on the matter, and someone probably has a counter argument thats like 5x better than mine.

Overkill

a byte
I played on a no krit jb server before i came to blackwonder (seems like ages now) and all i could tell you is how easy it was for reds to rebel and how 99% of blues always went sniper machina or soldier with direct hit. PLUS, all melee was critical, so blues had to be very far away from reds. All I'm saying is that krtiz are good for keeping the balance. What you should be asking is if jb servers should maintain the same 1:2 red blue ratio, because think about it: Less blues with kritz (lets say 1:3) seems fairer for those who want to rebel. 1:2 with kritz is a bit ridiculous, suggesting most blues can't aim (i'm 99.99% right about this). Besides, jb servers are pretty balanced with the option we have now, and it keeps reds in check. Also if your a red and are trying to rebel, be smart about it, dont just run off and get shot. Kritz makes rebelling more harder and challenging, which it should be.

This is just my idea btw, no offense, i did have fun on the no krit server before i came to blackwonder.

D

Deleted member 2049

Good point about reds having it unfair but I think blus wont be able to control reds at all if there were no crits for them. Crits are just a crutch for blus but they are removed when there is no warden giving reds a chance to rebel

Ben.

Unremarkable

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/remove-warden-crits.1426/#post-6323
There's the post from early september last year, phew, it's been a while

I agree with this guy haha, Not to mention you as a blu are usually out manned 3 to 1 sometimes more if team balance is off Because as most know you must meet a certain criteria as a blu. Hence why red is always a more popular option for newer players or those who don't meet blu's team requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom