- Aug 2, 2020
Our current VSH rule over camping is pretty uncompromising regardless of the map played on/nature of defensive and support classes. I'd like to either change it to make it more applicable or remove the rule entirely.
A few situations/tactics that red players may use that come mind which could technically could be considered camping are such as...
• Any engineer building a sentry in any inclosed area and staying near their sentry for protection as well as reducing their sentries sightline.
• Any players standing next to an engineer dispensor/sentry for protection.
• Anyone who plays heavy and stays in an inclosed room for their own limited sightline.
• Any demo who sticky traps an incloses room for maximum damage due to the limited door enterence area.
• Any medic who decides to pocket heal any of the classes above doing any of the actions above in a limited enclosed area.
• Any sniper being a sniper.
• Being the last few or final player alive on red team.
Scout, soldier and maybe spy are objectively the only classes punished for using a camping strategies due to their unique class limitations.
Personally I am an advocate of removing the rule entirely since its applications matter entirely to the map/and the class limitations they are enforced on.
With that said, if anyone else has any revisal proposals that can apply towards the entire gamemode universally i'd love to see what VSH players think.