Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove cell wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottaly not deaf

Uncharitable
It takes away the abillity to play jailbreak, its either go soldier/heavy or die, because there are no limits on how much cellwars can be played because it doesn't count as a minigame and in my opinion reds shouldn't have to die so the warden can have an easier time dealing with the reds.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
For me, cellwars is pretty vital, especially since most of the time when I'm warden, it's because no one wants to be, and I'm alone against 15+ reds.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
While i do admit Cell Wars are very unfair, i think removing it isn't the correct solution, it's useful when the BLU count below 1/6 from BLUs/REDs

Instead, i'd suggest us to think in an alternative solution, maybe limiting it more?

x9_raven

real
Staff Member
Admin
I hate cell wars and find it dumb when wardens do it with less than 10 reds. There's some good blues on jb at times that know how to deal with a crowd of reds in other ways but, sometimes there's blues that don't know how to handle a crowd of 16+ reds so I can get why they'd want to do cell wars.

Quishy

Uncharitable
Staff Member

Vexy

I myself agree cell wars is pretty boring, unfair, and etc, hence why I never do it myself. Though there are some situations, like stated before where the warden and blues might be heavily outnumbered and another may be the reds have been mass rebelling often, eases it up on the warden's end, considering there have to be 4 or fewer blues to do it. In proposal maybe add a limit to reds for cell wars? like a minimum of 10 or 12 reds to do cell wars?

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
It takes away the abillity to play jailbreak, its either go soldier/heavy or die,
I've won Cell Wars with every class other than spy, and I've seen spies win against other classes, its not as bad as you're making it out to be.
because there are no limits on how much cellwars can be played because it doesn't count as a minigame
Untrue. Cell wars only doesnt count as a minigame for detemining whether or not you can do meat grinder, its a minigame for all other purposes, including the "max 3 minigames in a row" rule.
Cell wars can benefit both teams. As a blue it obviously helps control reds, as a red it gives other players a chance to prevent "I've played Jailbreak for 8 years and never die in minigames" from outlasting everyone else and winning LR everytime. You can also prevent Cell Wars by having 5 players on blue team, or by just going Warden and doing something else.
It's the whole point of being a prisoner, either rebel or be prepared to jump through hoops for the guard's entertainment ;p

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Yes, I believe the best action would be to restrict cell wars more, maybe setting a minimum red limit?

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

As it currently stands, this is the current description of cell wars:

Cell Wars
Warden has to announce beforehand that he will be doing Cell Wars. Friendly fire is turned on and prisoners have to kill all their cellmates. This is only allowed if you have 4 or less players on the blue team in total.
------------
Add a lower RED limit (for example, 12 REDs before CW can be used), or a ratio requirement of say... 1B:4R

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
In my opinion, restricting it for "Can only do it if REDs are in a proportion of 5 to 1 BLUs or over" could work.

ratios are a bit touchy for me, because well... some people can't count to five, so calculating blu to red ratio might be a lot more confusing. I find a hard cap would be better.

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
I don’t think having a minimum RED amount is helpful. There can still be 1 BLU to go against like 11 REDs (for example). I like Shadow Mario’s idea, but that also has its flaws. I personally don’t have any issue with cell wars currently, but maybe lowering the amount of times it can be done in a row will help?

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I don’t think having a minimum RED amount is helpful. There can still be 1 BLU to go against like 11 REDs (for example). I like Shadow Mario’s idea, but that also has its flaws. I personally don’t have any issue with cell wars currently, but maybe lowering the amount of times it can be done in a row will help?
I like this approach more. Once every other day, enough to make sure LRs are given out at higher red counts while keeping rounds entertaining for lower server pops.

Aleorix

Unremarkable
The only thing I hate in cell wars is when you hit someone as any other class except medic, it doesn't even register, but as medic it always registers. Also RANDOM CRITS ARE FAIR AND BALANCED

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Suggestion has been declined based on the poll results.
Thanks for the suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom