Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Remove ba_sincinatti_v3 suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

User name: Cyveray

Which map is the suggestion about? ba_sincinatti_v3

What is suppose to happen to the map? Remove

Why do you want this map change? This map needs to be removed from rotation as the map itself is terrible as it has only a few minigames, the map layout is confusing which leads to blues getting lost trying to find the minigames/cells, the confusing layout results in extremely long rounds when two people try to find each other on this massively confusing map, and thanks to these issues this map gets rtv'd almost every time its played so please remove it.

(this is not an april fools joke this map really needs to be removed)

Last edited:

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Every time I've played this map the server has died, most of the mini games are broken and the map layout makes me want to fucking shoot myself remove map ty

x9_raven

real
Staff Member
Admin
The map is fun and original imo. I just think it needs a map to show were the minigames are at and some tweaks. Plus it's easy to rebel on but that's probably just me.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Sincinatti could use a tune-up in certain areas, I grant you that, but I don't think its that bad. It functions fine overall and is one of our only maps with a decent vertical element, a nice reprieve from the multitude of flat maps like casuarina and bootcamp.

Phil's Pills

I've recently been collecting data on maps, Sincinatti has been one of these. Sincinatti has to be one of the saddest maps in rotation, an interesting concept done horribly.

If you want to see the statistics I refer to, you can check them out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XJJhVa6EiPQAVFQRUyDbYLW_eKoQRX5B2D-kUgRZVuY/edit?usp=sharing

Sincinatti has:
  • 10 Minigames, these being Gearhop (Similar to Jumprope?), Theatre, Obby, Fall Game, Deathrun, Crush Game, Diner, Arena, Trivia, and Stairway to Heaven.
  • 1 unique Minigame, Gearhop, a spin on Jumprope where you run in a large gear like in a hamster wheel, attempting to jump over obstacles.
  • 4 Minigames revolving around a large luck factor.
  • An estimated 4 Rebel spots, teleports, or breakables.
  • 2 Cells, and 1 Line.
  • Only uses water elements to avoid dealing fall damage, and has no Pool area, instead of just designing the map to not be fall damage prone.
Sincinatti does:
  • Introduce one brand new Minigame, although it is based a bit on known ones.
  • Have an interesting layout of a more vertical scale instead of horizontal.
  • Makes us realize how much Minigame and Rebel Spot variety can help a map.
Sincinatti is an interesting concept, why not make a map that is known for its vertical play area instead of horizontal, but there is an inherent flaw in doing this. If you look at most map design, it is not designed with vertical motion in mind, as horizontal motion is easier for almost anyone in the game, making the flow similar. 50% of the time spent in this map is going up stairs, and due to the lack of a physical guide map (which is hard to design in vertical maps), it makes it a clunky, slow experience where the Warden, Guards, and Prisoners are all confused on what to do, where to go, and how they are supposed to enjoy the map they are in. The lack of Minigame variety and Rebel spots makes people who play as either style bored very quickly, as the absence of options makes it repetitive quickly. This map has nothing that makes it stand out or fun to play, and the one special part of it ends up being its downfall. I also have one more point to say as a final nail in the coffin.

According to the official Game Banana submission of this map (https://gamebanana.com/maps/201607), the submitter states that:

"The vertical nightmare, a map made by SNC that I helped him optimize back in 2017 for the SG-Gaming Jailbreak server.

This map is a meme, and we know its a meme. Its more about shenanigans and jokes than it is about quality rounds."​

This is evidence that the map was not made to be quality, and was also made for competing server hosters, so this map is not made to be good, but for "jokes" none of us have found, and is also not even made for us to use. In conclusion, please remove this map it called me stinky like 6 times uncool.

Last edited:

Poizen

Mildly Menacing
nah fuck this map if u say otherwise u are objectively wrong. he idea is there, but the execution is horrible, as 10k stated, its a nice reprieve from flat maps like boot camp and Casuarina. but you know what those 2 maps have in common that sincinatti doesnt? they are actually functional maps, sure they are flat and i would like a change of pace from the flat aspect of a lot of maps, but atleast it doesnt confuse reds/blues alike, no one knows what to do on that map, and the vertical aspect is done in a way that most of your time is spent going from floor to floor, and this is assuming you know where every mini game is, which almost no one dose, so thats even more time backtracking and the whole server trying to learn a new map simultaneously while the reds attempt to not kos and blues attempt to to freekill cause people are going to the wrong places. rebelling isnt fun when you dont knew where the fuck to go, nor is being warden fun when u gotta struggle infront of the whole server trying to find minigames.

delete this horrible dogshit map, the whole server just leaves whenever this is voted on

drowsee

Mildly Menacing
...perhaps consider going through 4th grade English before you respond to threads. Reading your comment was worse than trying to play Sincinatti.....

drowsee

Mildly Menacing
Sometimes when people aren't on (overnight, for example) the server will default to it's built-in rotation. Sometimes, by the will of the Devil, it gets to Sincinatti. Other times it's people who don't know how bad it is and they vote it on. Of course, you'd know this if you cared about the servers :)

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
nah fuck this map if u say otherwise u are objectively wrong. he idea is there, but the execution is horrible, as 10k stated, its a nice reprieve from flat maps like boot camp and Casuarina. but you know what those 2 maps have in common that sincinatti doesnt? they are actually functional maps, sure they are flat and i would like a change of pace from the flat aspect of a lot of maps, but atleast it doesnt confuse reds/blues alike, no one knows what to do on that map, and the vertical aspect is done in a way that most of your time is spent going from floor to floor, and this is assuming you know where every mini game is, which almost no one dose, so thats even more time backtracking and the whole server trying to learn a new map simultaneously while the reds attempt to not kos and blues attempt to to freekill cause people are going to the wrong places. rebelling isnt fun when you dont knew where the fuck to go, nor is being warden fun when u gotta struggle infront of the whole server trying to find minigames.

delete this horrible dogshit map, the whole server just leaves whenever this is voted on
The map functions just fine, this "confusion" you speak of likely isn't map dependent, and even if it is, its likely caused by how rarely the map is chosen. Can a map with 10 minigames really be that hard to navigate? I don't think so.
Also @Poizen @Drowsee behave youselves or actions will be taken against your forum accounts.

Poizen

Mildly Menacing
ok? i havent broken any rules on the forums and im pretty sure saying fuck isnt gonna get anyone riled up, threatening me with action against my account wont do shit cause i haven't broken any rules, even if u do decide to do something, then i will know u are unreasonable and impulsive, you also gotta clarify what you mean by "behave urself".

drowsee

Mildly Menacing
Can a map with 10 minigames really be that hard to navigate? I don't think so.
Uh, yeah it can. First off, because it is a vertical map, the warden can't just have a look out yonder and choose a minigame. He'd have to know where each game is to find it. Secondly, there are two towers with awfully made walkways connecting them, making it easy for reds to just jump off and harder for blus to not die by stampede while crossing. Thirdly, the elevation presents problems as if reds are low on health and the warden wants to do a game on the ground level, the reds often die from fall damage from the jump. So yeah, it is a dog-shit map. Find ONE PERSON who like it and I will be thoroughly impressed.

It is what is is

10k if you ever played on the map you'd know how fucking horrendous that piece of absolute dogshit map is, 10k I can assure you have never gone into depth in the map and found all the shitty mistakes the map editor created, even the map creator himself expressed his opinion on the dogshit map you all know as sincinatti. If anyone else has a good opinion about sincinatti then i'd like to inform you how absolutely fucking braindead you are. Here's a picture of the 10k - ExtraChromieHomie#1
1588289891261.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom