Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Remove ba_mariopartyextended_v4 suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
User name: 10000 Cold Knights

Which map is the suggestion about? ba_mariopartyextended_v4

What is suppose to happen to the map? Remove

Why do you want this map change? The map has some high points, but the broken nature of some of the minigames, some bad LR interactions, the extremely disorienting colors, and the melons that block/trap prisoners if intact just makes the map unplayable imo.

(Also thx for getting rid of the old megathread, it was going nowhere fast)

Console |

Velcro is a Furry
Staff Member
Admin
I wanted to add my old suggestion here, as it has some extra reasons I’ve listed last time

REMOVAL

1. ba_mariopartyextended_v4

2. First off, I had made this post on suggestions and made a poll, to which 12 people, all of them voting yes, leading to 100% success on the poll to remove this map. This map has a very bright tile pattern on the floor which makes seeing markers nearly impossible, it also very much so lacks rebel spots, so reds are essentially left to just not rebel, which leads to doing minigames, which all seem lackluster. For blus, this map can be boring after a few plays as most minigames on the map are lackluster except for obby. As for reds, the rebel spots are very limited (I believe only 1 spot) and easily visible by blus as it literally right next to main cell area which leads to basically all reds having to follow orders and that ends up going to some bad minigame which makes people lose interest in the map real quickly. The fact that the map is a port from CS makes it be more of an odd map for TF2 Jailbreak. Personally, almost every time that I have been on mariopartyextended, it has been rtv’d from before the 10 minute mark and I feel it should be removed from the map rotation.

3. Not that I know of.

4. Jailbreak

5. Hexagon Heat has a bug where a loud, irritating noise is played everytime a button is clicked. Also the map is very vibrant which can also irritate players

Some things I forgot to list last time is, this map is also broken for a quite a bit of players, from what I’ve seen. Also, if reds take certain warp pipes, they either get trapped in a caged area (which makes rebelling impossible unless a BLU opens the castle cage) or in other warp pipes, REDs and BLUs have teleport zones very close together, which can lead to very easily ending the round as BLUs can get bombarded by the REDs as soon as they enter the pipe, or REDs can run away once the BLUs go into the pipe first to stop them from getting killed instantly which leads to practically the entire RED team running (since from my experience, there are only a few people willing to even try out BLU team on this map)

Tl;dr ——— This map makes rebellers have very limited options, and for non-rebellers, minigames aren’t very enjoyable either. Also some map features such as the extremely bright floor can lead to players not seeing warden markers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom