Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Removal of the message moderator review system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

This feature ruins the forums for me as its just a major inconvenience when writing on the forums as I usually wait until a day has passed for my message to be reviewed as most members just use discord to communicate as it is easier and only touch the forums occasionally.
I think if there is a troublesome message then a moderator can just take down the message and punish the user but the way it is currently when a regular member is punished when wanting to post in the reports or suggestion tab and any other tab this is applied on.

(If YOU a regular member wants to reply to this suggestion they will have to wait for the moderators/administrators to review it)

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I agree with you when it comes to suggestions. We're looking for ways to make the forums more lively and not a place for users to simply dump their reports, yet we're getting more and more restrictive when it comes to forums.
Believe it or not, there was a time when users were allowed to comment on even admin applications. "Everyone's opinion matters, the admins aren't better than anybody. They just get to make the final decision." I'm sure it's only a coincidence that mods and admins are suddenly having issues with speaking down to the server's players as of late.
I understand why they stopped letting users comment on admin apps and reports, while I'm not sure I agree with it, but suggestions just seems goofy. How many suggestions have been lessened by a user being able to comment on it? If an argument comes out of it, that's good, that's how educated decisions are made, and if either side of the argument gets uncivil then we can just as easily shut it down. We've done it before, I don't know why we don't anymore. All we do by forcing common users to wait for admins to approve messages on their own suggestions is make the forums seem even more dead than they are.

And since you mention it in the original post, I'll let you in on a trade secret. Moderators have to wait for their posts to be approved too.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
It's not being removed. You don't see some of the toxic replies that get removed. I give out warning points to replies in "suggestions" as often as I give them elsewhere.

Also, no message has sat in the queue for more than 12 hours, none. Most are approved within an hour or two. I approve 90% of them. None have been removed from this post. It is also worth nothing that Admins can see deleted messages. So if a message is breaking rules, but the content still has some merit to it, the admins still see it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom