Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Reduce JB Saxton Hale LR Pick Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
The lr can take up to 10 minutes on large maps and playing this more than once eats entire chunks of maps. If you want to play saxton hale over and over again go play on a Blackwonder.tf Saxton Hale server (not an ad) (or is it?) smh.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Note to readers that the suggestion is restrict the LR menu to only allow VSH to be selected once, there wouldn't be any special moderation or something to check players, the option would be greyed out.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
For the sake of objectivity, I'm going to leave out the fact that this is my favorite LR, as well as the urge to beat a certain Yoshi over the head with his own saxophone for proposing this.
Instead, in regards to the issue of the LR's length, there are 2 points I'd like to bring up. First, while the round CAN last 10 mins (the same time allotted to a normal round of JB, as it happens), it doesn't always take that long, as the hale can succumb to insta kill hazards, telefrags, failing to guard the exit on Chretien, or just being AFK. If this proposal were to be accepted, should any of the above happen, the round could be over in less than 2 minutes, and the playerbase would be barred from picking saxton again for the rest of the map cycle. Secondly, while 10 minutes can drag out for quite a while, this can be used to your advantage in certain situations. When a subpar JB map is selected but no one wants to rtv for some reason, a player can pick this LR to deliberately drain time off the map, and get to a more favorable map instead. This LR could also be picked if someone was Mass Freekilling, as a way to stall for time until a staff member could get on to deal with the problem.
I wouldn't be opposed to reducing the amount of times it could be picked, but shaving it down to once per map is too severe imo.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Redid the poll to include different options with different numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom