Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomizer updated to Competitive Update

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Hello everyone, Shadow Mario here, i updated the famous Randomizer mod to have newer weapons and reskins, and i updated some weapons stats that were outdated, i also added a few custom weapons to give some variety, check it out ;)

Primary:
Iron Bomber
Dragon's Fury
Nostromo Napalmer
Fortified Compound
The Classic
Back Scatter
Air Strike

Secondary:
Tide Turner
B.A.S.E. Jumper
Quickiebomb Launcher
Panic Attack
Thermal Thruster
Gas Passer
Second Banana
C.A.P.P.E.R.
Mutated Milk
The Self-Aware Beauty Mark

Melee:
Hot Hand
Gold Frying Pan (Still a bit glitchy)
Freedom Staff
Batsaber
Prinny Machete
Necro Smasher
Crossing Guard

On v1.7:
Axtinguisher
Panic Attack
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
Sydney Sleeper
Thermal Thruster

On v1.64:
Gloves of Running Urgently
Eviction Notice
The One-for-All (Custom Weapon)

On v1.63:
Liberty Launcher
Cow Mangler 5000
Reserve Shooter
Mantreads
Equalizer
Market Gardener
Half-Zatoichi
Disciplinary Action
Escape Plan

On v1.62:
Shortstop
Force-a-nature
Flying Guillotine
Soda Popper

On v1.611:
Panic Attack

On v1.61:
Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol
Short Circuit
Eviction Notice
Loch-n-Load
Fan o'War

On v1.6
Gloves of Running Urgently
Atomizer
Chargin' Targe
Splendid Screen
Loch-n-Load
Powerjack
Ambassador

The A-Maze-ing Runner (Scattergun)
+66% Clip size
Speed boost on hit (2.5 seconds duration)
+25% Firing speed
+35% Reloading speed

-40% Damage penalty
No Random crits

The One-for-All (Rocket Launcher, added in v1.62, replace the Army of One)
+50% Damage bonus
+50% Explosion radius
Minicrits become Crits

Center-fire
+35% Self damage force
-75% Clip size
-75% Max ammo
-40% Rocket jump Damage Reduction
-50% Reloading speed

The Overhealer (Medigun)
+50% Max Overheal limit
Overheal bonus doesn't decay

-50% Ubercharge rate bonus

The Attack Sentry
(Wrench)
+20% Buildings health
+20% Sentry damage bonus
+20% Sentry radius

Max metal: 130
+100% Teleporter cost
-50% Construction hitting speed boost
50% Slower upgrading speed

̶J̶i̶m̶'̶s̶ ̶O̶w̶n̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶L̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶J̶o̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶b̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶o̶p̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶J̶i̶m̶)̶
̶H̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶B̶e̶g̶g̶a̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶B̶a̶z̶o̶o̶k̶a̶
̶+̶3̶0̶0̶ ̶M̶a̶x̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶
̶+̶3̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶D̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶u̶s̶
̶-̶8̶5̶%̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶
̶+̶1̶5̶0̶%̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶d̶i̶u̶s̶
̶+̶1̶4̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶M̶a̶x̶ ̶a̶m̶m̶o̶
̶-̶8̶0̶%̶ ̶R̶e̶l̶o̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶
̶+̶6̶5̶0̶%̶ ̶C̶l̶i̶p̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶
̶G̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶+̶2̶5̶0̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶
̶C̶a̶n̶c̶e̶l̶ ̶f̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶
̶+̶8̶0̶%̶ ̶W̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶
̶N̶o̶ ̶R̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶
̶C̶r̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶j̶u̶m̶p̶i̶n̶g̶

̶I̶m̶b̶u̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶c̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶

How to Install:
1. First of all, install this Randomizer.
2. Run the server.
3. Close it.
4. Install Competitive Update Randomizer (Replacing the plugin and script file).
5. Run the server.
6. Enjoy!

Known issues:
Thermal Thruster have basic support, but it seems to doesn't recharge.
Gas Passer works, but it doesn't recharge.
Dragon's Fury can shoot only once, good luck.
Iron Bomber, Sticky Jumper and Quickiebomb have no custom projectiles model.
Gold Frying Pan isn't golden.
̶D̶r̶o̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶a̶n̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶r̶o̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶a̶n̶d̶v̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶.̶ Fixed in v1.64!

To do:
Creating a tutorial on how to add your own Custom weapons to the Randomizer mod and attach your Custom Model and Custom Viewmodel to it.
̶M̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶A̶t̶o̶m̶i̶z̶e̶r̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶N̶o̶n̶-̶S̶c̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶f̶-̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ Completed in v1.64!
Update "Hype" Meter.
̶A̶d̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶"̶K̶i̶l̶l̶s̶"̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶A̶i̶r̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶.̶ Completed in v1.63!

v1.65 (30th Mar 2018): Changed "Jungle Inferno Randomizer" to "Competitive Update Randomizer" and updated 5 weapons.

v1.64 (10th Mar 2018): Updated Atomizer's Extra jump (More details on the To do list), updated 3 weapons, fixed Second Banana's alt-fire drop being a sandvich instead of a banana.

v1.63 (9th Mar 2018): Kill counter added to the Air Strike on Non-soldier classes (To do list), updated 9 weapons.

v1.62 (1st Mar 2018): Major nerfing on Custom Weapons, added Custom Weapon info menu for my Custom weapons, fixed flamethrowers (thanks Bene), updated the stats of 4 weapons and now "The Attack Sentry" starts with 130 metal instead of 200.

v1.611 (20th Jan 2018): Fixed Panic Attack's 1-hit Kill bullets, caused by a missing comma on its attributes.

v1.61 (11th Jan 2018): Updated 5 Weapons stats, removed Kangaroo Pouch for causing crashes, (Maybe) fixed Gas Passer, but the timer is still pretty glitchy.

v1.6 (10th Jan 2018): First public release

Credits:
Me, for updating Randomizer to Newer versions.
FlaminSarge, for creating the most known and played TF2 Randomizer (currently in v1.591).

Download:

Attachments

• CURandomizer.zip
    161 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

In case you were to make an account on AM, I would highly advise against changing the plugin and author's name in the credits for an update that is simply adding in def indexes. It would not go down well.

Also your PrintToChat line is wrong:
PrintToChat(client, "\x01\x0700FF59[TF2Items]Randomizer\x01 v1.591 by FlaminSarge and updated by Shadow Mario | blw.tf", PLUGIN_VERSION);

Use the PLUGIN_VERSION constant rather than hardcoding a number (although you messed it up by making it "Unofficial 1.6", just call it 1.6), or remove it from the formatting args.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Thank you for information, but how exactly is it wrong? I mean, i just edited that line, nothing in special.

This is the original line:
Code:
PrintToChat(client, "\x01\x0700FF59[TF2Items]Randomizer\x01 v%s by FlaminSarge", PLUGIN_VERSION);
The %s placeholder is there to insert the PLUGIN_VERSION constant, which is "1.591".

Yours, removes the placeholder, but leaves the formatting arg in at the end. While this won't actually cause any errors, it's bad practice in 2 ways:

a) Hardcoding version numbers all over the place is bad, use the constant which is there for a reason. Changing the constant changes it everywhere the constant is referenced, rather than having it change 10 hardcoded numbers if you wanted to change version numbers. Which is also why you simply make it "1.6" not "Unofficial 1.6".
b) You still reference PLUGIN_VERSION even though there are no formatting placeholders in the string.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
This is the original line:
Code:
PrintToChat(client, "\x01\x0700FF59[TF2Items]Randomizer\x01 v%s by FlaminSarge", PLUGIN_VERSION);
The %s placeholder is there to insert the PLUGIN_VERSION constant, which is "1.591".

Yours, removes the placeholder, but leaves the formatting arg in at the end. While this won't actually cause any errors, it's bad practice in 2 ways:

a) Hardcoding version numbers all over the place is bad, use the constant which is there for a reason. Changing the constant changes it everywhere the constant is referenced, rather than having it change 10 hardcoded numbers if you wanted to change version numbers. Which is also why you simply make it "1.6" not "Unofficial 1.6".
b) You still reference PLUGIN_VERSION even though there are no formatting placeholders in the string.
I see, gotta update it tomorrow

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Oh cool. I updated all the randomizer servers to utilize the new version. Thanks for the update

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Updated to version 1.611 (just a hotfix of 1.61), fixed Panic Attack 1-hit killing, which was caused by a dumb mistake.

PS: I would like if everyone reading this give feedback and say which weapon stats need to be updated.

Last edited:

Gule

Updated to version 1.611, fixed Panic Attack 1-hit killing, which was caused by a dumb mistake.

PS: I would like if everyone reading this give feedback and say which weapon stats need to be updated.

The Army of One is a dumb design. Players will just spam it out of spawn and resupply endlessly, negating the weapons drawback. I'd suggest adding something like a 200% damage taken from all sources to it, to lessen how annoying it is.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

Philip

Australium

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Personally, I would change its stats.

-More ammo
-Can pick up ammo
-1 clip size
-Huge knockback
-Small decreased rocket speed compared to stock
-Large explosion radius
-Does less damage (Maybe max DMG around 150-200)
-Slow reload
-Slow switch and deploy speed
This could still be easily spammed, i was thinking in replacing The Army of One with my custom Rocket Launcher, The One-for-All, here is it's stats:
(+) +40% Damage
(+) +50% Blast Radius
(+) +35% Self Blast damage Push Force (Rocket Jump height)
(+) Minicrits become Crits

(*) On Servers with Forced Halloween (Blackwonder's case) the rockets leave a purple smoke
(-) -75% Max ammo
(-) -75% Clip size
(-) -30% Projectile speed
(-) +50% Reloading time
(-) (HIDDEN) +40% Self Blast damage taken

I could add some holster and deploy speed negative stats though.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Currently looking for new Custom Weapons ideas!
The best one is gonna get added in my mod and it's creator will get a "Self-made" version of it instead of "Unique" while playing!

Template:
Steam ID: Your SteamID, in my case: STEAM_0:1:61435481

Weapon Name: Suggest a name for the weapon, example: Big Donger
Weapon Type: Flamethrower, Rocket launcher, anything! (Use "Shotgun Primary" or "Shotgun Secondary" for specify if it's a Engineer Shotgun or Multi-class Shotgun)
Weapon Stats:
(+) Example Positive stat
(*) Example Neutral stat
(-) Example Negative stat

Attribute list (to give ideas): https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/List_of_item_attributes

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Currently looking for new Custom Weapons ideas!
The best one is gonna get added in my mod and it's creator will get a "Self-made" version of it instead of "Unique" while playing!

Template:
Steam ID: Your SteamID, in my case: STEAM_0:1:61435481

Weapon Name: Suggest a name for the weapon, example: Big Donger
Weapon Type: Flamethrower, Rocket launcher, anything! (Use "Shotgun Primary" or "Shotgun Secondary" for specify if it's a Engineer Shotgun or Multi-class Shotgun)
Weapon Stats:
(+) Example Positive stat
(*) Example Neutral stat
(-) Example Negative stat
Can you add my meme rocket launcher into the config but restrict it to like 5 rockets and disallow it to pick up ammo?

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Can you add my meme rocket launcher into the config but restrict it to like 5 rockets and disallow it to pick up ammo?
It's already in the mod, it's just disabled.
ULVHNAXg.png

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom