Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Notably, despite several people all around blackwonder experiencing this, I haven't found any post relating to this specific issue I've, and many others, have had for ages that makes the servers completely unplayable for us. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough, and the fact I haven't posted this yet probably shows it nots that big of a deal to me but whatever, back on topic;

Basically, at random points in the match, doesn't matter what server it is, it just has to be a blackwonder server, it will randomly freeze everything except for voicechat for around 30 seconds to a minute. This is with ethernet, and It also happens on wifi, and it even happens regardless of ISP. Doesn't matter where you're connecting from, though notably it happens most to people from the West Coast US or Midwest US

Net graph's usually look like this, where everything is fine, and then suddenly, it just stops:

1678342826385.png

this too:

1678343170413.png

Even this:

1678343295641.png

The only fix thats worked is by switching to a hotspot of any variety for some strange reason, which has worked for me atleast but its not a great fix, not to mention this is not just a problem I have, I've asked people on JB & VSH too, and around ~10+ other people also reported similar issues

This issue seems random, and the fact can't pinpoint the cause of it isnt helping, so I'm sorry if this is not much help, but this is legitmately one of the worst issues I've seen on tf2, just period, so I hope it gets fixed within the year (or ten more likely)

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
After some more scouring, completionist & bene are already aware of the issue and have made not much progress on pinpointing the problem. It doesn't help that the issue is seemly random, and despite definitely being server-side, only affects certain players on certain types of connections, with no real linkage in-between them that could help pinpoint the issue
I wish I could be of some help, but I have little to no experience on server hardware, or server hosting on TF2 atleast. I can only provide what I experience & what others do

Edenfps

Eden

Im having the same issue, Unfortuantly I have no idea what is causing this. Like you guys said its very random and hard to see what is happening.

Yonkerbonk

cl_interp 0.02 ; cl_cmdrate 52 ; cl_interp_ratio 1 ; cl_updaterate 52 ; rate 51520 ; cl_smooth 1 | this worked for me
Just lowering my cmdrate and updaterate down from 66 to 50 seems to have done the trick for me personally, without changing those other settings. Potentially of note is that I use mastercomfig's network settings otherwise.

mtex_co

Just lowering my cmdrate and updaterate down from 66 to 50 seems to have done the trick for me personally, without changing those other settings. Potentially of note is that I use mastercomfig's network settings otherwise.
Same. Lowering cmdrate and updaterate to 50 eliminated the stutters for me, which is interesting.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
I updated my cl_updaterate to 70 to check and it seems fine. I did notice though that peoples pings keep dipping or going up quite often all around which is odd but it hasn't been a big deal

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom