Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Race on Surf and Bhop

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
It's 2 AM. I had this idea, I don't have high hopes.

A plugin that lets you race another player on the server. You challenge someone for a race. If the person accepts you both get teleported to the spawn in the exact same position frozen. There is a countdown and the race starts. The first person who finishes the map wins. (using !p on bhop or !pause on either is an instant lose)

That's the basis. If you wanted you could make a top list of the players who won the most races. You also could challenge more people at once. Hand out custom titles to those who are the best. You could add markers so the racers see each other somehow. (if you can outline them but so only they see it)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
A plugin that lets you race another player on the server. You challenge someone for a race. If the person accepts you both get teleported to the spawn in the exact same position frozen. There is a countdown and the race starts. The first person who finishes the map wins. (using !p on bhop or !pause on either is an instant lose)
With my retarded knowledge of coding, this shouldn't be too hard to make. As far as I know, you can make a check to see who won or if any of the two players use the Pause command...
Well, as I said. my retarded knowledge. @Noodl or @Benedevil Could probably explain better and actually give some actual information...

That aside feels to me like that should have been a part of bhop and surf all along.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
I don't believe it's hard to make either. There are just many, much more important things that need to be dealt with first.

So yeah, merry Christmas to the person who will close this thread!

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

The only puzzling part I see for this is knowing when the race is 'completed'. Though I assume that bhop maps have areas on them, or 'zones' as I hear the term being tossed about, that determine checkpoints or something. So I assume the maps/plugin itself has natives for knowing where a goal zone is.

Maybe. I'd say reward credits, but that would be silly.

or if any of the two players use the Pause command...
Code:
RegConsoleCmd("sm_pause", SomeCallbackFunction);

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Yeah, there are zones at the start and end. You could just integrate this with the plugin that tracks your time. If the timer stops for some reason (like you used !p) then the race could stop. Also I just edited the thread, you could add markers so racers can see each other (beacons would be disrupting because everyone can see them and they're loud)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
It's a great idea, hence why it has been on hold for a long time, but at this point I don't think I will be putting the time into this to implement this.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom