Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Question on the usage of macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunieCat

Now let's first get this out of the way. Just because I am asking this question doesn't mean I use macros.

I have friends that use macros to bhop on the server and I'd like to make sure of what they're doing is allowed or not allowed.

I'm aware that in the rules it says no hacking but when I told my friends this they said that macros aren't considered hacks.

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
Macro b-hop scripts (like AutoHotkey, mouse/keyboard macros) don't work flawlessly and you'd be better off just learning how to b-hop.

The only way for a script to actually b-hop frame-perfectly, it's by injecting something into hl2 which, most of the times, is a cheat and detectable by VAC.

As for what your friends said about "macros not being considered hacks"; they aren't considered hacks, but they're a third party software that's giving you a slight advantage (even if it isn't that noticeable) so I'd say it falls under the no hacking rule.

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
They aren't really perfect and almost give you no advantage as you would get better results learning it yourself like puddin said.

So for this case i'd say no as you could also just bind jump to your mousewheel which also isn't considered hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom