Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Question about Friends/teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

I always wondered if there was a option to stay in the team with your friends, with the new Casual gamemode running in TF2 they kinda fixed the issue where your friends will be autobalanced.
If there was a way to have some sort of system which allows you to stay with your friends would be fantastic to say the least.

As far I know there isn't a system in TF2 now what prevents you getting autobalanced to the other team, it just shuffles it based on points.
I've been playing with a small group of friends on "Stop that Tank" and we got switched all the time and going to spectator to switch out doesn't always work. (and it's annoying)
--
So the question will be:
Is it possible to stay in the same team as your friends?
If not, is it possible to think of a solution?

Cheers~

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
If your team is unballanced, then the server will fix it so it's ballanced again. You can stack the first time with your friends but then let the server do the auto-ballance so it's fair and not a pure domination each round from the same team. That makes people leave. Just play against eachother, could be fun too. I never stacked when I was playing with friends and family. (My brother, two of my sisters and three friends of ours, still had fun even though we weren't in the same team)

But that's my opinion. For a solution, I don't think there is one and there shouldn't be. Stacking your team is not good for the server since people will leave and then you can only play against your friends or bots.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

If your team is unballanced, then the server will fix it so it's ballanced again. You can stack the first time with your friends but then let the server do the auto-ballance so it's fair and not a pure domination each round from the same team. That makes people leave. Just play against eachother, could be fun too. I never stacked when I was playing with friends and family. (My brother, two of my sisters and three friends of ours, still had fun even though we weren't in the same team)

But that's my opinion. For a solution, I don't think there is one and there shouldn't be. Stacking your team is not good for the server since people will leave and then you can only play against your friends or bots.

And I personally don't like to play against my friends ;)
That's why I made made this thread to ask if there is someone who knows if there is a way to prevent this?
I like to chat with my friends too while gaming so that's another thing, it kinda drags me out to play with friends on the servers (personally)

And I understand the part where you adress the "balance of the team"
But that almost sounds like that it would be unbalanced if I play with my friends? doesn't have to mean that me and my friends are better than the rest :LOL: I try to achieve that tho it's a game after all!

Plus unbalanced team seems always be the case with Team Fortress even playing with my friends in the new Casual mode and before the Casual mode update!
I honesty don't think that the game preventing me to play with friends is a good thing' or a balanced solution, it really depens on how good your group is too ofcourse!

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
When the system balances the team and put you apart from your friends, then yes, you will unbalance the game by stacking. Because you and your friends are all very good or all very bad, depends on your stats and score.
I still talk on Discord or SteamVoiceChat to my friends when I'm playing against them, makes it more fun.

So I don't want this community to make it possible to stack teams. It's a part of the game.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

When the system balances the team and put you apart from your friends, then yes, you will unbalance the game by stacking. Because you and your friends are all very good or all very bad, depends on your stats and score.
I still talk on Discord or SteamVoiceChat to my friends when I'm playing against them, makes it more fun.

So I don't want this community to make it possible to stack teams. It's a part of the game.

Question about the "system balances you apart from your friends" part?
What do you think what balance means?

Since it will also splits friends apart who are terrible at the game. the 2 worst players on one team can be autobalanced.
TF2 has a weird idea of what "balance" means.... since it just means a shuffle.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
it's not only balancing the good players. It also balances the bad players. As I mentioned.

It will try to make the teams equal to have a good game and not one pure domination. That's what balancing means.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

it's not only balancing the good players. It also balances the bad players. As I mentioned.

It will try to make the teams equal to have a good game and not one pure domination. That's what balancing means.

Why can't I have blanced teams and play with my friends?
It's a game after all, I play with friends to enjoy the game like many others.

Maybe someone else has some advice for me?

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
If you and your friends are either all good or either all bad, it will seperate you. If you guys are mixed, then more chance to stay together. But often when you play together and are on voicechat and that gives advantages when on the same team, thus morelikely to score better and end up seperated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom