Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined "Quality" filter test for new blues on Jb

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
I feel like 90% of all blues that get on blue for the first time have 0 knowledge of blw norms and just use other community rules from wonderland or panda, etc.
There needs to be like, a mini "quiz" to type in chat to answer certain things a blue needs to know. Like:
"Is Afm implied when warden says afk?" y/n
"Is bumrush implied when warden says go to?" y/n

Just normal things a blue should know before doing stuff. It should help people get familiar with basic rules and whats the norm.
It'd be relatively simple as a quiz to answer in chat. And it'd help improve overall Blue team quality instead of people who just press their mic button once
and then do something stupid later due to lack of knowing basic server info.

I'd like to know everyones opinion on this

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Would just be an annoying thing that would stop people going on blue. New players aren't necessarily bad and the answers to the questions you gave as an example do not need to be known for the vast majority of guards.

There could potentially be some kind of pop-up which shows the main differences between rules but even that might be too in your face.

Last edited:

honey

Wicked Nasty

honey

Most of the time new blues that attempt to use other community rules are corrected by people that regularly play. I don't think the server needs any sort of blue filters, I rather have bad blues (which is the case 90% of the time anyway) then no one playing blue at all.

Last edited:

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

The most I would agree with is a message that appears in chat every now and again reminding players that blackwonder jb rules may be different to other communities followed by a link to the jb rules

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Nah it isn't necessary, it will just decreased blu's population, most players will probably try to skip or speedrun question so they can join blue fast and forget what they learn from quiz

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
yep. bad idea.
This leads back to the issue of overmoderation, where if we moderate things too hard it might inadvertently kill the server by ruining the fun or making the game literally unplayable, in this case, not having enough blus
(I've encountered situations where experienced members refuse to go blu because they don't feel like it, and bad people being blocked would cause the game to never start)

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Most of the time new blues that attempt to use other community rules are corrected by people that regularly play. I don't think the server needs any sort of blue filters, I rather have bad blues (which is the case 90% of the time anyway) then no one playing blue at all.
That's fair I guess, it just sucks as a red when they get randomly killed for something a new blue doesn't understand. Which happens a ton

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom