Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Potential fix for a frequent problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm here to propose a potentional fix to the problem of "Spawnkilling/Spawncamping"

There's a plugin out there called "Map Zones (with forwards)" that allows admins to easily set zones with a couple preset punishments (all this can be done with an in game menu [via the !zones command]])

Some of the default punishments include:

Slay players that enter the zone
Strip them of all weapons but melee
Push them back out of the zone (dont know if the push force is configurable but it seems enough as it from what ive seen before)

I dont remember the specifics but I will link to the AlliedModders thread that has this plugin and describes how to use it in more depth

Link to the thread containing the plugin/information: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=220979

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I strongly...SUPER strongly support this, if it can be done without affecting the current IP address for the servers.

If this can be applied to the server as is AND not need to be initiated every time the server is reset...this would not only reduce instances that I am personally contact, but the number of reports.

And it will persist through server restarts, updates, etc so long as the plugin stays loaded (which shouldnt be much of an issue as it does NOT affect anything outside of what the thread on the alliedmodders forums post says)

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I strongly support this too, though with Orange maps, the maps can just be edited to have a team barrier at the exit to prevent enemies, enemy projectiles and hitscan means of damage from entering the barrier.
Regardless, it's a very good idea and I would like to see it implemented.

And as for when they change the maps,etc. you wouldnt need to do that, you can just load the plugin mid-game round via /rcon sm plugins load <plugin name> and then go along with !zones (then following the instructions that were on the alliedmodders thread i linked to)

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Really good for the orange servers, nothing else really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom