Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved People shooting in and out of spawn on the cp_orange_x3 map

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy3249

Strange
They keep saying it's not in the !rules so they won't stop firing out or into the spawn unless it's in the rules itself,
or if an admin tells them flat out. i want to die more.jpeg

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

• Deathmatch Rules
  • No spawn camping.
    Do not stop the enemies from being able to leave the spawn room.

I assume orange maps count as deathmatch. Maybe the ingame rule listing could include the spawncamping piece

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
  • Deathmatch Rules
  • No spawn camping.
    Do not stop the enemies from being able to leave the spawn room.

I assume orange maps count as deathmatch. Maybe the ingame rule listing could include the spawncamping piece

This has been a conversation off and on, in the past. What has been discussed is the following:

1. Players must be able to exit their spawn. Very few maps are like 2fort, when there may be only 1 exit.

2. When it comes to shooting in and out of spawns, here is the issue. People should be able to defend themselves, and it has been previously discussed that it is impossible for us to know "who started it." Maybe something like.... "Players are not allowed to shoot into an enemy spawn/ out of their spawn unless it is the final capture point...Or some other idea.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

It could be made specific for projectile-based classes perhaps.

That would stop sticky/pipe/rocket/arrow spammers, and would make it easier to enforce. It's not often that you're being spawncamped by a hail of bullets as opposed to a mass of explosives doubled up with medic protection.

"Do not fire/spam projectiles of any kind into or out of Spawn buildings/zones" etc

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

α΄„ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸ

MECHA-G

The only place this type of "spawncamping" is really an issue is on the Upgrade servers, and I think there should be a rule there telling people not to shoot into spawn at all on those maps. Spamming Scouts spring to mind.

I think the spawncamping rule on Orange in general needs clearing up anyway, because we get reports of spawncampers all the time, who are only shooting into spawn and not actually entering it. It's not exactly impossible to counter, especially on the regular servers. Some people are just unwilling to change class to deal with these people.

I don't see the issue with shooting out of the spawn, though, especially when you're playing defensively. I don't think we can tell people not to shoot out of their own spawn to protect themselves, especially when the only way you can actually hit someone from your spawn is when they're on your turf.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

One of my suggestion threads has something like this "Update !rules on every server". But since everything takes ages it probably won't happen for a while.

The current spawncamping rule on the forums is perfect. I don't see a good reason to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom