Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PC Crashing while playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Yeah I kinda thought about asking about how I could fix my own problem I'm experiencing when I saw Frama's posts :p

So the problem I have is that if I, for example, play Team Fortress 2, works well, but after a while, it just starts crashing.
I tried updating my video card drivers (or atleast to the most recent update), but that didn't work aswell...

The error that I get is "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" with DirectX drivers causing it.
18e4030d4f.png

Is there anyone that can help me out? Some games work fine, but some games like tf2 make my pc crash.

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can finally free me of these pc crashes :/

50 posts, yay! :D

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Are you running tf2 with directx 9 or 8? Try to delete the versions and reinstall them.
Are the other games that crash using the same directx?
Also, it's important that you delete the earlier versions of the drivers if you're having problems like this, not just update it.
Are you sure it's not overheating? Do you monitor the CPU's & GPU's temperature with something? AIDA64 or idk.

If nothing solves it just reinstall windows. Solves everything every time -smile- expect if some part of your pc is broken.

Browse the web with those keywords.
For example: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-due-to-dxgkrnl-sys-604177.html
http://windowsreport.com/dxgkrnl-sys-windows-10/
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2747252/thread-stuck-device-driver.html

Doubt anyone can just look at this and instantly provide a solution. Good luck though.

Last edited:

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Are you running tf2 with directx 9 or 8? Try to delete the versions and reinstall them.
I don't really know that D:

Are the other games that crash using the same directx?
There's some games but it's pretty random...

Also, it's important that you delete the earlier versions of the drivers if you're having problems like this, not just update it.
I'll try that o:

If nothing solves it just reinstall windows. Solves everything every time -smile- expect if some part of your pc is broken.
Ugh I'll use that as worst-case scenario then ;-;

I already googled a few times but couldn't really find helpful posts ;-;

Sakuya

Trickster
Hmm in terms of TF2, I remember I deleted a mass amount of files and put something in the launch options. Basically once you boot up TF2, its starts up as the first time you ever started it. You still have your items and everything just not your key binds you need to do that again. After I did this, it resolved all my issues with TF2 (including the game crashing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom