Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Osome_oli's teamban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
What was your type of punishment:
Permanent teamban

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:96903759

Who has punished you?

@Jim

Why were you punished?

Teamkilling (1440 min ban) and history (permanent)

Why should we revoke your punishment?

Okay, here's how the story went...

I was the warden and the reds were inside their cells. Then this blu with no mic called mihi2854 starts mass freekilling with his flamethrower. Immediately the server goes into panic and people start shouting on mic to either votekick him or turn on ff and kill him. Jim was on at this time. Jim said not to turn on ff to kill mihi2854. I waited to see what to do, then I flashed ff and killed him. I was teambanned following those events for 1440 minutes, then permanently teambanned subsequently because I had a history.

The reason why I killed him was because I thought Jim was being negligent. Mihi2854 had already mass freekilled a few times while Jim was on but he did not do anything about it. Now, I know Jim isn't negligent, and I'm sure there was a reason why he didn't sort out the mass freekiller earlier on. However, I teamkilled him, because at that point I was unsure what to do with a freekiller that wasn't being sorted out, and I was also confused with the panic caused.

I still take responsibility, though, because I did not listen to an admin which is against the rules.

I think I should be unbanned because I had a reason to teamkill and I didn't want a freekiller on the loose, murdering reds while an admin sat watching. Mihi2854 is now perma teambanned, so at least it is sorted now.

I do have a ban/teamban history for freekilling in JB, but I think it's a bit harsh to associate my previous freekills with a teamkill as all I was doing was trying to help the server by getting rid of a freekiller.

So overall, I apologise to Jim for disobeying him. That one was on my side and I hope you can forgive me.

I hope this appeal gets acknowledged because I love playing on blu and it is the main reason I even play jailbreak.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Jim said not to turn on ff to kill mihi2854.
I flashed FF and killed him

c7d86deaa08cedad21a82bbbd2a60f8e.png
5a3f12d2e0beb590a68e373562ef5d4e.png

Not sure, but aren't you a donator? You could've just kicked him/asked another donor to kick him and he'd be gone for the next round or more. If no admin was present, the people who were freekilled wouldn't be respawned and the remainder of the round would be slow and awkward.

As for it being a permanent teamban, I'm fine with it. Though a tad overboard on Jim's part, you do have quite a dense history of rulebreaking considering how long you've been playing on Jailbreak and ignored instructions from admins that were directly given to you. Saying that teamkilling and freekilling shouldn't be coupled together is also stupid, because they're basically the same thing except you're killing people coated in a different color of paint.

-nop

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
c7d86deaa08cedad21a82bbbd2a60f8e.png
5a3f12d2e0beb590a68e373562ef5d4e.png

Not sure, but aren't you a donator? You could've just kicked him/asked another donor to kick him and he'd be gone for the next round or more. If no admin was present, the people who were freekilled wouldn't be respawned and the remainder of the round would be slow and awkward.

As for it being a permanent teamban, I'm fine with it. Though a tad overboard on Jim's part, you do have quite a dense history of rulebreaking considering how long you've been playing on Jailbreak and ignored instructions from admins that were directly given to you. Saying that teamkilling and freekilling shouldn't be coupled together is also stupid, because they're basically the same thing except you're killing people coated in a different color of paint.

-nop
Hi Wanka, I understand where you're coming from and yes, my history does make me look really bad, but I just want to state/ask a few things:
-I am not a donator
-Nobody was doing anything about the free killer even though he had free killed for a few rounds, I teamkilled him because I wasn't sure if Jim was actually going to ban him.
-People were asking me to teamkill him. I shouldn't have listened to them but I was in a state of panic at that time because the server was in a clusterfuck thanks to the freekiller.
-My team kill was meant to help, whilst freekills do the opposite, which is why I don't think they should be linked.
-If we shouldn't teamkill under any circumstance, why is it implemented? Why do we have the ability to teamkill Blues? Don't say it's unimplementable because I've seen servers which make ff only affect reds.

Once again, I understand you but I have a few concerns. Thanks.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Why didn't you let Jimbo just slay/ban him?
Jimbo did ban him afterwards.
Jim said not to turn on ff to kill mihi2854. I waited to see what to do, then I flashed ff and killed him.
My original plan while playing was to kms and start specting him but people started screaming teamkill and what not. I told you not to do that (as you just confirmed) but you ended up doing it anyway. If you had been reported or something you most likely would have been given a warning but you directly disregarded what I told you, knowing that I was an admin and I assume knowing you would be punished accordingly. There is a problem when people disobey admins because when one person does it, more people do it. When more people do it, more people get punished. When more people get punished more people start shit that neither I nor any other admins have any interest in getting involved with. On top of that we're talking about jailbreak where dozens of people can be punished in a single session by an admin and it's pretty normal. I teambanned you for a day and since we now have the ability to view previous teambans much easier I decided to check out what was going on.
J8R9rgB.png
You have nearly two and a half weeks worth of bans including 2 week long bans; one for making up freekill orders by Will and another from me for "being a shit guard, breaking all sorts of rules." Luckily for you I don't remember what it entailed but obviously you did something wrong. Six teambans over the course of two months clearly suggest you were misbehaving and haven't been learning from your mistakes. If I were to shorten your ban I have little doubt that you would go back to being your old self. I suggest you take the time between now in your next appeal which I would expect in two weeks at the very least to rethink your decisions and try to be a model citizen for your own sake as well as the crime infested servers.

P.S.
You constantly claiming admin abuse in chat whenever I (and I assume other admins) do something even as a joke doesn't look good on you nor on admins.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
somewhat off topic but i dont know why people are calling @frankie dumb and disagreeing. HE IS RIGHT. if we come in to deal with a mass freekiller ETC and you've already decided to start team killing them WE ARENT GONNA BE ABLE TO STOP THEM. all we see is you team killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom