Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed [No longer maintained] dr_nighttown_v1_3 stripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunstep

Truly Feared
My biggest stripper project so far:

dr_nighttown_v1_3 stripper
(Over 7000 lines of text!)

Changes that this stripper initially came with. Of course a lot has changed / been added over time:
  • Reduces the initial edicts count from ~1560 to ~900 edicts
  • Smoothened the experience of entering the boss fight (Goes immediately to fade instead of being able to see the boss area for a second first.
  • Fixed the snd_restart sound bug
  • Fixed overlapping music
  • (somehow) Fixed not being able to use the spy voice on other players. (Not really sure about this one, sometimes it works sometimes not. I don't really know the cause.
  • Fixed the boss fight not entirely hiding the players
  • Fixed boss not hiding action slot items (for example contracker)
  • Entering the boss fight now strips away your flamethrower, if you have one.
  • Replaced the entire trigger act system to something way better.
  • Act progress is now saved, like how your progress gets saved in dr_playstation. (Activate bonus mode in order to reset the progress)
  • Fixed players that latespawn ruining the act I boss fight (basically added anti latespawn measures in order to stop exploiting people.) Note: Latespawn measures activate about 5 seconds after you enter the boss fight. So you can still late spawn if you are in time.
  • (Hopefully) Fixed that if a person dies when latespawning and dying instantly somehow, that his / her cosmetic would appear anyways even though the person being in spectator, thus blocking the person you are spectating's view. Not so sure if this applies to this server though.
  • Added a very special solid brush to bully Suwi.
  • Fixed a bug that makes color correction effects get stuck on your screen.
  • Fixed that if a person dies after beating the prologue boss fight it would not go to the next chapter / act. Before I created the new act system, it used to be that winning the boss fight gives you a targetname that matches the filter for a certain act. If only one person won the boss fight and he leaves before the next round, or went into spectator. The same act would remain because there would be nobody to activate the next act. That's fixed now. The system is now globally rather than making it rely on a single player.
  • Moon now shifts colors synchronized with the map fog in bonus mode.
  • New acts!

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
Sure, keep it open. I'll reply to this thread when I release phase 2.

sunstep

Truly Feared
V1.1

• Fixed the final door not opening when players bypass a crucial trigger using bhop.
  • Attempt #2 on fixing cosmetics not hiding. This time it should be fixed for good.
  • Increased the delay before getvalue is ran on the beginning of each round, in order to potentially fix bugging text on spawn.
  • Removed progress saving.
  • Boss does temporarily not lock anymore for now, until an alternative idea is found and implemented.

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V2.0.0

• Added act 3!
    • Act 3 now displays instead of prologue after act 2
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to skip acts
  • Updated the boss system to something more advanced and easier to manage.
  • Weapons are now also guaranteed to be hidden during the first stage of the boss fight.
  • Made the fog in bonus mode more dense.
  • Removed some weird paper with: "I'm coming for you" written on it.
  • Removed the observer

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V3
Originally I wanted to add a new boss fight either today or yesterday. But I decided to postpone it for now. I'll reconsider on new years day about releasing it.

I also no longer mark each change log with what kind change it is (colors).

I also finally wanted to say that after months of working on this (6000+ lines!) stripper, I'm starting to see an end coming to the development of this file. After the next few versions, I think it will be time to keep the map as it is and only make changes if really needed.

Even though there is no part 2 of act 2 now, there are still a few other changes I'd like to list here:

• Added a hamster counter that only displays on prologue. I cannot control the size of the text, but it shouldn't bother you too much.
  • Added a pretty nice detail at the boss fight (See video below)
  • Major changes on the boss fight system. You should not notice any changes, but it makes the boss fight much easier to manage for me.
  • It may look like a small change, but this update has costed me a lot of time. And soon there will be more to add.
  • More changes that aren't worth listing here.

Video:

First: 0:44 (black thingy opening)
second: 1:14 (black thingy closing)
(Especially watch the second time stamp, it's pretty cool imo)

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V4.2

• Added a new Act
    • After a long time saying "T O B E C O N T I N U E D " The map finally goes on....
    • Can you beat the true darkness boss fight?
  • More changes that aren't worth putting here :D

• Video of me beating it.​
  • Credits to Suwi for video.​

sunstep

Truly Feared
V5:

• Removed New boss fight.

V5.1:
  • Edited Act 2 end text.

sunstep

Truly Feared
V6
  • Gave Heffe some animations
    • Note: they aren't perfect, but animating models is not easy when working in a text editor. I Wish I could improve it, but what I can do is VERY limited. So before you complain about anything, please note that I'm just using animations that are given by default (so made by valve.) I also had to freeze a certain pose because it did not have a seamless loop. Meaning that I had to slow it down so much that it doesn't reach the end of the animation or else the loop would be too obvious to notice. But I guess everything is better than T pose.
  • Added some cool (imo) particles to the 2 player part of the act I boss fight.
  • Fully disabled fall damage when you fall down at the end of Act II boss fight.
  • Fully disabled bhop at the part where you jump over the red lasers, so you can't just beat it by holding down space.
  • Added secx room in request of Floor.
I've also received some suggestions of things that should be fixed:
  • Fixed main map music loop. (Thanks to some random person I met in game)
  • Fixed act 2 music loop. (Thanks to some random person I met in game)
  • Fixed incorrect values on the hamster counter of prologue, also made it much more efficient. (Thanks to Nutwoomy & especially Irineu)
  • Fixed entities being killed too early at trap 6, to make the disappearance of the steam look better and smoother. (Thanks to Irineu)
  • Fixed a few spots that allowed players to get out of the map using bhop. (Thanks to Rock)

Also some not suggested fixes:

• Fixed a bug causing the screen shake at the escape part of act I to be 2x more intense than it should be.
  • I already fixed this before, but I'm still mentioning it: Fixed act 2 getting darker than it should, at the point where you jump off the first platform.
  • Did another attempt to fix overlapping music. (I think successful this time?)
  • And another attempt at snd_restart bug. I've released this version already on a different server and sound did not overlap and I also did not have to type snd_restart to fix the music. So lets hope it stays that way. (Totally not sure if it went well)

Lets just hope not more bugs suddenly appear because I'm trying to wrap this project up already for a while, but changes are necessary the entire time. Can I put this project to rest at almost 7000 lines in the text file? We'll see.

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V6.0.1

• Fixed a very rare bug: if color correction is enabled while the round changes, it gets stuck forever. Now it resets at the start of the round.
  • Made Heffe's laughing animation happen a bit more late.
  • Some background changes that you won't notice at all, I changed some hamster counter (case) values to make it easier to work with. But again for you as a player there is absolutely no difference.

Since the rare bug is unlikely to happen anytime soon (It needs a lot of coincidence), I'll let Benedevil update this whenever he feels like it. There's absolutely no rush. I actually have to admit this is probably the most minor update in a while. Which is a good sign, because it tells me that changes are less needed. And that the last update has made sure that I got rid of the bugs really good :)

sunstep

Truly Feared
V7 - Trap update & some bug fixes.
Since the U.F.O trap was broken, I decided to put some more effort into the traps of the map. Since this fixes a broken trap I'd rather consider this a more urgent update.

• U.F.O trap (trap 11) is no longer broken.
While I was at it, I also decided to make some more improvements to traps in the map:
  • It's now possible to tell for all traps whether it's already activated or not.
  • Improved some traps by creating an "animation" for them.
  • Improved the fan trap to show a whirlwind, so you don't have to look up to tell if the trap is active or not. This is also great for people who have their sound off.

• Improved trap 5 by giving the lasers an actual source, and not that they come out of nowhere (See screenshot that is attached with this post, so you can differentiate for your self.)
    • This also gave me the opportunity to make players be able to tell if the trap is activated or not (the weapons disappear after the trap is activated.

And finally, changes that are NOT trap related:
  • Combined 12 game texts into just 2, in order to optimize the edicts usage and of course this comes with no visual difference. All 12 text will display just fine. There were only just two entities needed for it.
  • Some modifications to outputs that happen On Spawn
  • Fourth hamster no longer inside a point template
  • probably some more stuff have changed, but so many things have changed that I cannot list everything here.

And now stop bugging out Nighttown.... PLEASE.

Attachments

• 1644188098158.png
    1644188098158.png
    965.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V7.1

• Map saves progress now until Act II. This means that once you have beaten prologue, the map stays permanently on Act I until the players reach Act II. When the map goes to Act II or beyond, and the map changes, then progress will be reset back to prologue. If the map gets changed while the map is on Act I, it will still be act I when the server goes back to the map
    • Note: If the server crashes, or gets restarted. The progress will be lost anyways.
  • Adjusted the way how you can differentiate whether a trap is already activated or not for some traps.

sunstep

Truly Feared
V7.2

• Map sometimes shows on your screen what chapter it currently is, and entering the boss fight will force it to show for the first 10 - 20 seconds.
    • This is useful for people who have their sound off.
    • People might get more familiar with the chapter system in this map.
  • Moved the hamster counter location a bit, so the current chapter displays above the hamster counter.
  • Beating the Act 1 while the map is about to change will make the map start on Act 2 the next time the map gets played.
    • Note: this is not a permanent save, if the map changes after that, progress will be entirely reset again.
  • Reduced the amount of hits needed to break the boss vent.

Last edited:

sunstep

Truly Feared
V7.3 - "Catch up" update.

I figured out that blw's stripper for this map was missing out on a few things, it didn't have the latest changes. (I explain why in the change log.)
  • Fixed a Big oopsie: forgot to port the first 2 changes of the previous version of this stripper from another file, so the changes weren't even present. Now they should be.
  • Dying to the lasers at the end of act 1 will make the map no longer congratulate you, in fact, the map will now insult you!
  • Done a quick maintenance and a few tests to make sure everything is still fine in the map.
  • Yeah that's it (I think)

sunstep

Truly Feared
V8

• Attempted to optimize bandwidth usage during boss fight. (No one will notice anything probably)
  • Fixed the rotating lasers doing no damage at all, at the boss fight.
    1647396454034.png
  • Changed the hamster counter:
    1647396550203.png
  • Everyone's tf2 view model will now return once someone jumps off the first boss platform.
    • It's now also consistent, meaning that your viewmodel returns every time when you jump off from the first boss platform.
  • Idk what else, this stripper is now over 7000+ lines. It's starting to become a nightmare to work on it and remember what I changed.

Attachments

• 1647396532500.png
    1647396532500.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom