Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed New Timer for CSGO servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

Hello Blackwonder community! I have noticed a large growth of problems with the timer, ckSurf, for CSGO bhop server. From players losing ranks to cheaters being able to come onto the server and take times some people worked on for a while to achieve. I'm able to quote multiple threads stating problems with ckSurf such as the post from the member, Rival stating that he is losing points for unknown reasons. Although we were able to figure out the reason to this problem, it was still another problem with the timer. Along with a new timer eliminating the problem ranking it can allow players to be able to try a variety of styles such a legit or scrollwheel, sideways, half-sideways, and w-only. These new modes will give players a new challenge instead of running the same maps over and over. The final argument for a new timer is anti-cheat. I understand SMAC is a third-party program to detect cheating but it is easily bypassed. A point that a member named Timo made is that admins are another form of anti-cheat. This may be true but I'm the only consistent admin that plays on the server and if I'm not able to get onto the server, players are free to do whatever they like such as mic spam and of course cheat. I do have help from players on the server that contact me and report cheaters and I would like to quickly thank some players who are Melonious, CsGo Noob, Rival, SirSonte, and Connor. I believe that the more CSGO admins that are recruited we should begin to think about getting a new timer for the CSGO servers.

Thank You For Your Time,
Ice

UPDATE(for BlackWonder):
This is for BlackWonder I have found a candidate for the new timer. This is Shavit's timer that I've seen multiple servers use such as GiClan. If you can check it out that would be awesome!(Sidenote, could i maybe get access to rcon commands?) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2313049

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Smac is pretty much useless on bhop since it spams "playername" is suspected to have bhop hacks or smth like that. Bene removed it because of that (i think) xd

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I looked through the candidate of one of the timers and it turns out it doesn't come with anti strafe code. Seems like there is no anti strafe hack out there currently. Also, your suggested admins need to apply. It would be an unfair disadvantage towards all other applicants, to just accept random people.

Also are +left and +right not banned. I can add that if it's necessary

Last edited:

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

I looked through the candidate of one of the timers and it turns out it doesn't come with anti strafe code. Seems like there is no anti strafe hack out there currently. Also, your suggested admins need to apply. It would be an unfair disadvantage towards all other applicants, to just accept random people.

Also are +left and +right not banned. I can add that if it's necessary
I did not mean people who are applying for admin on csgo earn an advantage over other applicants I was stating as more admins are accepted we should look for a new timer.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I did not mean people who are applying for admin on csgo earn an advantage over other applicants I was stating as more admins are accepted we should look for a new timer.
Appologies, I misread your post

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Woah, I know a way to fix this a little with the cheaters. When I play on the bhop servers, I notice cheaters come on when ice is gone. That's when I contact him and I have to stay and try to keep them on which doesn't work all of the time. My idea for this is that we have a admin that is not recognized with a formal admin tag. He looks just like a normal player. So that when the cheaters get on to steals times, they check for staff and see none. Of course the regular players will know, but this will prevent new hackers from getting on the server. If I were to get admin I will volunteer for this position of it is considered of working

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
UPDATE(for BlackWonder):
This is for BlackWonder I have found a candidate for the new timer. This is Shavit's timer that I've seen multiple servers use such as GiClan. If you can check it out that would be awesome!(Sidenote, could i maybe get access to rcon commands?) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2313049

The shavit timer does not offer any kind of ranking system yet, nor does it allow multiple stages sadly.

shavit

shavit

The shavit timer does not offer any kind of ranking system yet, nor does it allow multiple stages sadly.
well, i did start working on a ranking system. check the todo list here: https://github.com/shavitush/bhoptimer/blob/master/README.md
my plan is to help the communities around the world so if you choose to give the timer a chance, please go ahead. the upcoming ranking system will be retroactive so there's no damage in waiting unless you find a better alternative (which i don't think you can find easily)

btw i'll probably forget about this website's existence so i'm saying sorry in advance if you reply to this post and i don't do it back

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

well, i did start working on a ranking system. check the todo list here: https://github.com/shavitush/bhoptimer/blob/master/README.md
my plan is to help the communities around the world so if you choose to give the timer a chance, please go ahead. the upcoming ranking system will be retroactive so there's no damage in waiting unless you find a better alternative (which i don't think you can find easily)

btw i'll probably forget about this website's existence so i'm saying sorry in advance if you reply to this post and i don't do it back
Hello Shavit! It's so nice to see you reaching out to communities such as these. I have a question, are you planning on adding styles into the timer instead of us coding it ourselves? If not do you know any tutorials to help us with the styles? Anyways thank you for your help and reaching out!

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello Shavit! It's so nice to see you reaching out to communities such as these. I have a question, are you planning on adding styles into the timer instead of us coding it ourselves? If not do you know any tutorials to help us with the styles? Anyways thank you for your help and reaching out!
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=265456
Some styles are already included and you can add your own styles. If you still haven't caught on to it, I know sourcepawn as well.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

shavit

shavit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom