Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed New Map For Saxton Hale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
After working on it for a good 12 hours non-stop, I think it's done. Hopefully, the map is fairly balance and feels great to play on. Even though the map is done, I will start be adding/fixing/updating it.

Beginning:

Middle:

End(this was version 1):

Video:

Please give feedback about the map.

Attachments

• vsh_stone_water_v4.bsp
    4.7 MB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

upload_2017-8-27_9-50-20.png

Don't know if you want it to be left buildable on, on the right there is a spot where you cant reach it with melee from below, might be annoying for players unfamiliar with low bravejump boosting.

As this is a small map Hale can easily start the round with picking 1-3 key targets , I would suggest to compensate for that by making stairs at the sides and mayby another one at the blue spawn to get easier up.

Also I'd suggest to add stuff like boxes or other platforms to the upper level
and
upload_2017-8-27_10-17-47.png
to encourage playing engineer more aggresivly and allow for some "proper" fighting for Spys, Medics, Heavys etc.

Some minor complains are that you can go
upload_2017-8-27_10-21-39.png
so the Alex° could be in the wall rather than just sticked to it.
Other than that you could add some props to the rooms and mayby the corners of the first level to make it look more pretty (like boxes, little sand isles with palm trees like you did in the Alex° room, snow with rocks etc.)

Edit: All done ^
Last thing I would change is to make the 2 ammo packs on the 2nd level at the RED side better accesible via stairs or mayby a jumppad, but thats all, feels ready for me.

+1 No matter what from me.
When will launch?

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
looks hot, i like the structure of the map, reminds me of that pool map, but instead of being tiny as fuck, this one is actually decent, i think adding a few buildings or props that you can hide inside or something would be great too, i'll see what sort of suggestions and things that i could add into this map.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
looks hot, i like the structure of the map, reminds me of that pool map, but instead of being tiny as fuck, this one is actually decent, i think adding a few buildings or props that you can hide inside or something would be great too, i'll see what sort of suggestions and things that i could add into this map.
I'll give you the .vmf file once the map is 100% done. Right now, it's around 80%. I'm planning on adding 4-5 new buildings, sexy skybox, Easter eggs (maybe), making the map a lot bigger, and add a shit ton of detail.;)

Last edited:

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
New version!
  • Added more props
  • Added 5 buildings
  • Added a teleporter
  • Added a ladder on Alex° building
  • Fixed hale spawning outside of the map
  • Fixed missing props
  • Fixed a small leak
  • Fixed some clipping issues
The map is 90% done. I think it's ready. :^)

D

Deleted member 2049

After working on it for a good 12 hours non-stop, I think it's done. Hopefully, the map is fairly balance and feels great to play on. Even though the map is done, I will start be adding/fixing/updating it.

Beginning:

Middle:

End(this was version 1):

Video:

Please give feedback about the map.
Nice work. It reminds me of Hunger games when there is a giant rotating rock in the middle with water on the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom