Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help with Demos

Dell

Truly Feared
I'm interested in knowing the answer to this, I sometimes get demos too long (aka I forget to stop the demo and it records too much).

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

You can either
a) record a demo inside a demo, if you want to put parts together you'd need to add new lines in the file (open with editor) under the tick limit or try skipping whilest recording.
b) turn them into replays wich easily can be cut using tf2 options, for that you can just search the steam guide or youtube video, this is more recommended for putting stuff together

Not even source -.-

This isn't possible without transforming it into a video.

Last edited:

Blizzardy4Cold2

Somewhat Threatening

ColdBox

You can either
a) record a demo inside a demo, if you want to put parts together you'd need to add new lines in the file (open with editor) under the tick limit or try skipping whilest recording.
b) turn them into replays wich easily can be cut using tf2 options, for that you can just search the steam guide or youtube video, this is more recommended for putting stuff together
Hmm, b, i seems better then option A i will give that a try ty

Melectrome

Legendary
You can either
You can't crop demos.

You can't record demos in demo playback.

I do not recommend the second option as it is very buggy, glitchy and not working very well and you cannot share replay demos between computers.
Not to mention the cutting into clips in replays doesn't work as you might think.

All you can do is provide the ticks of the start and end of the moment to the other person or to the reports.

Blizzardy4Cold2

Somewhat Threatening

ColdBox

You can't crop demos.

You can't record demos in demo playback.

I do not recommend the second option as it is very buggy, glitchy and not working very well and you cannot share replay demos between computers.
Not to mention the cutting into clips in replays doesn't work as you might think.

All you can do is provide the ticks of the start and end of the moment to the other person or to the reports.
Huh ok then Thanks

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom