Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Trip to St.Vincent And The Grenadines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
So yeah.. here we go.

As some of you may already know, I will leave next Monday for a 6 months long trip to St.Vincent and the Grenadines in the Caribbean. I will help there with a climate protection project sponsored and organized by the Richmond Vale Academy in USA.

In the first two months, I will be taught what "climate change" really means, what the consequences are and what we can do to help protecting nature.

The following 4 months will be a mix between physical and mental work.
The physical work goes from simple planting trees to prevent landslides to helping and improving the infrastructure. Just this year, the hurricane "Matthew" destroyed many homes and even killed a person. There are many things to be done there and I will help them!
The mental work consists teaching the children about climate change and why it is important to prevent the climate to rise even further. From time to time, small class groups will come to us and we play with them, go plant trees and answer their questions.

But as good as it all sounds, there is one small downside: I will not be able to help on the servers for that time.
Yes, my future is more important than my work here, but I want you all to know that I really love this community and want to help in any way to improve it. It's a bit sad that I won't be able to as active as I was the past few weeks, but I think most of you can understand and accept that I have other, more important thing to do. As for my forum activity: I will try to look through the forums daily, but it won't be always possible. It may even be that I won't have any internet there, even if I doubt it. I will take my laptop there, so I do have WLAN, expect an update on this thread. I will post some stuff here from time to time telling what I do and show some pictures. Those who are interested in what I will do there can just follow this thread. I thought about doing it a daily thing, but it might be to stressful. We will see.

That will be all, love you all <3

With love, Malz

Edit: Never expected that much replies O.O Thanks for the love <3

Last edited:

Sakuya

Trickster
Hey Malz we will miss you bud! It'll suck if you won't be able to check the forums as much but your personal is more important. Above all, have fun, be safe, and have a good trip doc!
Sak out!

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Enjoy yourself! While it is a shame that you won't be active cos you're a really nice guy, it's a good thing you're doing what's right and actually getting up off your ass to do it (unlike the rest of us). I hope I'll be able to welcome you back in six months!

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Hey Malz we will miss you bud! It'll suck if you won't be able to check the forums as much but your personal is more important. Above all, have fun, be safe, and have a good trip doc!
Sak out!

Thanks a ton! Fyi, it's also my first time flying and dang I'm hyped. While it surely won't be as awesome as I imagined it to be (as a kid), it'll still be a nice experience

Enjoy yourself! While it is a shame that you won't be active cos you're a really nice guy, it's a good thing you're doing what's right and actually getting up off your ass to do it (unlike the rest of us). I hope I'll be able to welcome you back in six months!

I love you too buddy <3 (no homo) Yeah, tbh, a few years ago I would immediately thrown this idea out of the window. What changed me is that I started watching news and get active in discussion about political and moral discussions. It made me so angry about all the bad stuff that happens around the world that I wanted to help those people. But to help those in need, you have to get active and do something about it. Some people always think "We don't have the power. There is nothing we can do. What would it change if I participate in this?" but that is not the truth. No matter how small your participation is, it's a step in the right directions and help those who really want to see the change. That is why I decided to use the opportunity and see the world for my self AND help people in need.

We will miss you Malz. Have fun!

I'll miss ya too buddy <3 Thanks! I surely will and there is no doubt that this trip will be a milestone in my life^^

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
OH my god :O
Good luck dassy.
man... i envy you, you'll actually do something in your life, unlike some of us, including me ofc xdddd

Jokes aside, i really hope you'll be able to make this thro, it's gonna be tough.... i think.
Always remember me dassy <3

MUCH LOVE~

Also, do you think that you'll be able to at least chat with us on discord\forums from a time to an other?

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
OH my god :O
Good luck dassy.
man... i envy you, you'll actually do something in your life, unlike some of us, including me ofc xdddd

Jokes aside, i really hope you'll be able to make this thro, it's gonna be tough.... i think.
Always remember me dassy <3

MUCH LOVE~

Also, do you think that you'll be able to at least chat with us on discord\forums from a time to an other?

Our love is boundless Wolf( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And like I said, it depends if I got WLAN there or not. If I do got it there, then of course, I'll try to chat with you guys from time to time. But if not.. well, then I guess it's goodbye for 6 months?

Thanks

Hope you have fun! I expect some pics of your adventure! :D

Of course! Like I said, I'll try to do a daily picture diary... if I find the time. If not, then there will be still some picture... just not as much^^

B-b-but Deathrun...:(

(Jk,jk)

Have fun,Malz!;)

Thanks~

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Goodbye. I will miss killing ahh I mean having fun with you on dr. <3

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

I will miss you malz :(
TIme to find someone else to annoy when there is a problem :(

darkarcher1

Notably Dangerous
So yeah.. here we go.

As some of you may already know, I will leave next Monday for a 6 months long trip to St.Vincent and the Grenadines in the Caribbean. I will help there with a climate protection project sponsored and organized by the Richmond Vale Academy in USA.

In the first two months, I will be taught what "climate change" really means, what the consequences are and what we can do to help protecting nature.

The following 4 months will be a mix between physical and mental work.
The physical work goes from simple planting trees to prevent landslides to helping and improving the infrastructure. Just this year, the hurricane "Matthew" destroyed many homes and even killed a person. There are many things to be done there and I will help them!
The mental work consists teaching the children about climate change and why it is important to prevent the climate to rise even further. From time to time, small class groups will come to us and we play with them, go plant trees and answer their questions.

But as good as it all sounds, there is one small downside: I will not be able to help on the servers for that time.
Yes, my future is more important than my work here, but I want you all to know that I really love this community and want to help in any way to improve it. It's a bit sad that I won't be able to as active as I was the past few weeks, but I think most of you can understand and accept that I have other, more important thing to do. As for my forum activity: I will try to look through the forums daily, but it won't be always possible. It may even be that I won't have any internet there, even if I doubt it. I will take my laptop there, so I do have WLAN, expect an update on this thread. I will post some stuff here from time to time telling what I do and show some pictures. Those who are interested in what I will do there can just follow this thread. I thought about doing it a daily thing, but it might be to stressful. We will see.

That will be all, love you all <3

With love, Malz
;-;

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Goodbye. I will miss killing ahh I mean having fun with you on dr. <3

I'll ask Bene to programm the "Malz Bot" who automatically smites and respawns everyone with Timo's Steam ID every 5 seconds. On other notes, cya c:

I will miss you malz :(
TIme to find someone else to annoy when there is a problem :(

Dude, you're an admin now. You can MUTE and GAG people, even KICK and BAN them yourself xd But if you need advice, you can still ask me. You only need to wait 6 months for an answer ;D

Don't c-cry... y-you're making m-me... cry... ;~; I will miss you too buddy <3

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Good luck Dalz, and remember, try to have fun.
We shall await your return. Now go out and make an awesome life!

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Dude, you're an admin now. You can MUTE and GAG people, even KICK and BAN them yourself xd But if you need advice, you can still ask me. You only need to wait 6 months for an answer ;D
True, but what If I want to annoy you, then I need someone else to annoy :(
i cri

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
God, I'll depart in around an hour... and the strangest part is I feel neither nervous nor excited.. maybe a bit excited. Point is, I'm not sure how I feel about not being home for 6 months. I mean, I HAVE prepared myself, but it still fells so strange...

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Ye, first time traveling and I'm already stuck somewhere.

My flight from Frankfurt to London Heathrow had a 1 hour delay cause of the bad weather and thus I missed my other flight. I had 3 hour in between and I need 1.25 hour to get to the other airport and at least another hour to do all my stuff at the airport (check-in, luggage etc.). With the 1 hour delay I was too late to check-in and thus I'm now stuck in a London hotel. True, the hotel is HEAVEN, from the bed to the WLAN, television, food... but it still sucks that I am now stuck here until tomorrow.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
So eh, arrived in St. Vincent 4 day ago... it is truly awesome here.
I learned already about lots of stuff, but for more details, you need to look through my diary.
I decided to write a diary and then post my stuff that I write there with some pictures/videos every week on a blog (which has yet to me made) and share the link with those who are interested. So I think the first weekly diary is up toorrow / on Monday.
Until then!

K. Thx. Bay.Malz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom