Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My current stance on BlackWonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
So... It's been over a month that I've been here. Guess I feel like leaving my opinion.

BlackWonder. Yeah. Pretty good. Like everything, it has it's pros and cons.
Let's start with some Issues that I've had.
The forums are deserted pretty frequently, most of the posts that happen here are player reports and punishment appeals. I know that not much can be done to affect this, but just a little something worth mentioning.
Another thing is that most servers (at least the SG ones) are empty all the time. Jailbreak SG is active in the evenings, which is fine, but even during weekends most of the servers are just dead. Some examples are Deathrun, Gun game, surf or jump maps and many more. It would be nice to see the servers have more than 0 or 1 afk online.

Of course I need to list the positives.
The community generally is really nice, welcoming and friendly.
The system of reporting Players is pretty ok, and response times are fast. (this still could be improved)
and of course, playing on BlackWonder is fun, even though playing on Jailbreak is really chaotic at times.

I might make another post like this in the far future, but I just felt like making this right now.

D

Deleted member 2049

There are a LOOOOOOOT of servers and a few that can be tended to, unfortunately that is a common problem with having so many Blackwonder servers with few staff.
The system of reporting Players is pretty ok, and response times are fast. (this still could be improved)

Reports will get done, it's not like a requesthelp in discord or a calladmin.

and of course, playing on BlackWonder is fun, even though playing on Jailbreak is really chaotic at times.
Jailbreak is guaranteed to have plenty of rulebreakers, thats not something we can change other than punishing those who have broken rules. There isn't any staff members from SG other than Mark I believe, so someone would have to stay up really late just to babysit a server.

It's really nice that you decided to point out these things, you get experience and we get feedback. Jailbreak has been a little bit more empty than usual in the past few days, but the population of a server spikes here and there.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
ailbreak is guaranteed to have plenty of rulebreakers, thats not something we can change other than punishing those who have broken rules. There isn't any staff members from SG other than Mark I believe, so someone would have to stay up really late just to babysit a server.
all the more reason for me to post my app sooner than later :LOL:

Pan Pan

Truly Feared
We've been getting a lot new players lately and a lot of old players are already leaving the community, which is sad. The servers are not entirely dead i mean i went to LA 2fort last time and i saw a lot of players active but when i went back on the afternoon, there are only like 5 people playing it. Power defense is mostly active, i've seen like 15-20 players everyday playing it, Plus the VSH is really popular. AUS servers are mostly dead, SG is the only one who has more players. UK is pretty much fine. LA is, yes, still fine since I've been playing there lately. The only problem is that, there are more offline servers than online servers.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
So... It's been over a month that I've been here. Guess I feel like leaving my opinion.

The forums are deserted pretty frequently, most of the posts that happen here are player reports and punishment appeals. I know that not much can be done to affect this, but just a little something worth mentioning.
Another thing is that most servers (at least the SG ones) are empty all the time. Jailbreak SG is active in the evenings, which is fine, but even during weekends most of the servers are just dead. Some examples are Deathrun, Gun game, surf or jump maps and many more. It would be nice to see the servers have more than 0 or 1 afk online.

I might make another post like this in the far future, but I just felt like making this right now.
Hello,

I have read through the critisims and we are very aware of dead servers and constantly try to improve the number of players. However this is a really hard task as there are no clear variables that magically create a popular server.
Would you perhaps be able to turn your critisim into constructive critisim by elaborating on how we can improve on the mentioned problems? We will make sure to take them into account in the next few server updates.

Thanks,
Ben

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

I have read through the critisims and we are very aware of dead servers and constantly try to improve the number of players. However this is a really hard task as there are no clear variables that magically create a popular server.
Would you perhaps be able to turn your critisim into constructive critisim by elaborating on how we can improve on the mentioned problems? We will make sure to take them into account in the next few server updates.

Thanks,
Ben

Yeah, I did my best in trying to make the criticisms constructive, but obviously I've failed.
I know that getting players is hard, and that there is not much that can be done. It's more a wish, now that I re-read that section.

Currently, The only thing that I could think of is better marketing or something like that, or adding something unique. We're pretty much very similar to Wonderland (besides cancer and that kinda stuff), meaning most players would split up, meaning we would get less influx of players.
The forums are pretty barren, and I've been trying to get it a bit more livened up by posting some new posts on dead categories, just to get some conversation going.
Most likely the fact that I am online most of the time enhances the fact that it feels barren.
I'm sorry, but there is not really much that I can think of at the moment, since there is an Update drought from the TF team's side, the player base of TF2 is getting a bit stale.

I am trying to keep track of stuff that I believe might assist in growing the playerbase, but that list might take time.

12omlE

Personally I love the trade us servers which are generally active in the late evening and it has a nice vibe to it, no one is really toxic and its just a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom