Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted msmate2's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebu

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Admin

Nebula

User name: msmate2

Name
msmate2 (steam: Nebula)

Your Age

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:158368889 ; https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198277003506/

Your DiscordID
Nebula#9566

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Blackwonder dodgeball (not advanced) IP: 78.159.100.199:27030

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Because, I think on the servers must be order, for to a player the game be an
exciting and carefree pastime, and nothing disturb this, thats why the moderators are needed and I want to help in this. I often see what doing the other player, for examle: using the voice/ chat for spamming music and another thing(for example: www.lmaobox.com) and no have admin or moderator on the server and sometimes I will speak to him/her for not do this, but its for the benefit of the players. But in vain I speak to her/him the cases 47% its not worth anything, and I want to stop that 47% with mute or kick or (if required) ban. I play in blackwonder server 3 year, but I joined in the forum few days ago. So i have a 2-3 year experience about the blackwonder players and servers. But I'm not very strict, but the rule is a rule and in the internet world the rules are not negligible.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
(In School days)Monday- Friday: 6pm(USA:Midday)- 8pm(USA:2pm)but it depends form the homework; from Saturday to Sunday: variable(for example: in am or in pm or all of day) and in winter or summer breaks: all of the days

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
General(its the always line-up in Dodgeball):

-Voice/ chat spamming: 3 warn -> 1h mute/gag -> 3h mute/gag -> 1d mute/gag -> 3d mute/gag -> 1 week
mute/gag -> 3 week mute/gag -> permanently mute
-Swearing: 2 warn -> 1h mute/gag -> 1h mute/gag -> 3h mute/gag -> 1d mute/gag -> 3d mute/gag -> 1
week mute/gag -> 3 week mute/gag -> permanently mute
-Quarrel: 2 warn -> kick -> 1h mute/gag -> 1h mute/gag -> 3h mute/gag -> 1d mute/gag -> 3d
mute/gag -> 1 week mute/gag -> 3 week mute/gag -> permanently mute

-Any hacks using(for example: wallhack, spinbot, aimhack) : not warn -> permanently ban

-Indecent or insulting spray: 1 warn -> if not changed: Spray Ban for 2 week -> 4 week -> permanently spray
ban

-Unnecessarily calling staffs: in here he/ she have 3 chance: 1. warn -> 2. warn -> 3. permamently
ban
-but if one of the 3(if there is 1warn/3 then also) call is required(in the server have cheater, spammer or
anything is not allowed) the 1 warn is clear and he/ she have agan 3 chance

- no warn -> 1h ban -> 3h ban -> 1d ban -> permanently ban

-Trolling/ griefing: 2 warn -> 5h ban -> permanently ban( update: Trolling/ griefing: 2 warn -> 1h ban -> 5h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 6d ban -> 1 week ban -> 3 week ban -> 1 month ban -> 3 month ban -> 6 month ban -> 1 year ban -> permanently ban. )

-RTD spamming: 5 warn -> kick -> 1h ban -> 2h ban -> 3h ban -> 1 week ban -> 3 week ban -> 1 year ban ->
3 year ban -> permanently ban

-Stealing: 2* warn + smite or slap -> kick -> 1h ban -> 2h ban -> 3h ban -> 2d ban -> 1 week ban -> 3 week
ban -> 1 year ban -> 3 year ban -> permanently ban

-Blocking(teammates or enemy): 3 warn -> kick -> 1h ban -> 2h ban -> 3h ban -> 1d ban -> 2d ban -> 1 week
ban -> 3 week ban -> 1 year ban -> 3 year ban -> permanently ban

-And the smaller problems(for examlpe: map abusing): warn -> if its necessary, according to the weight of the problem receive the penalty.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Hungary,(English), Little bit German

Last edited:

J R

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member

JR

Hello msmate2/Nebula , glad to see you on blackwonder's forum.

I dont see nothink bad with your application except for your punishment ladders.

-Unnecessarily calling staffs: in here he/ she have 3 chance: 1. warn -> 2. warn -> 3. permamently
ban
-but if one of the 3(if there is 1warn/3 then also) call is required(in the server have cheater, spammer or
anything is not allowed) the 1 warn is clear and he/ she have agan 3 chance

-Trolling/ griefing: 2 warn -> 5h ban -> permanently ban

We used to punish with normal escalation steps , its not logical warn for trolling/griefing and then ban 5 hours and then jump that 5 hours to s permanent, a good escalation could be (-2warns-1day-2days-3days-1week-2weeks). Depending of each situation.

I dont think griefing or calladmin abuse should be handle as a different punishment escalation.

In the case of calladmin we dont warn , we ban that guy 1 hour if its not really serius.

For the spray cases ,now we ban permanently that sprays without warns. I didn't saw a case of ban a spray with x hours or days.

How RTD spam works? , Server give you a minimal time for use RTD.

You should know , server have an implementation for prevent people stealing more than 2 rockets , and a lot of people still doing, the main idea of stole is when someone know he was stealing but keep doing moving arround all the map , approching to who have the rocket.

And for last, with map abusing you mean when someone do a left , right or downspike technique looking for the rocket hitting in walls/roofs etc. Maliciously yes , but in maps like tfdb_groove_v2 i dont considere it as abuse because the map like that was made with that intentions.

Extra info...
Commblocks / Excluding CONSOLElatest commblockBanslatest banSession (Dodgeball)
No
1Thursday 31st of May 20183 days, 5 hours, 23 minutes, 2 seconds

Nebu

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Admin

Nebula

Hello Jesus!

Thank you for your evaluation!

"We used to punish with normal escalation steps , its not logical warn for trolling/griefing and then ban 5 hours and then jump that 5 hours to s permanent, a good escalation could be (-2warns-1day-2days-3days-1week-2weeks). Depending of each situation.

I dont think griefing or calladmin abuse should be handle as a different punishment escalation.

In the case of calladmin we dont warn , we ban that guy 1 hour if its not really serius.

For the spray cases ,now we ban permanently that sprays without warns. I didn't saw a case of ban a spray with x hours or days.

How RTD spam works? Server give you a minimal time for use RTD.

You should know , server have an implementation for prevent people stealing more than 2 rockets , and a lot of people still doing, the main idea of stole is when someone know he was stealing but keep doing moving arround all the map , approching to who have the rocket.

And for last, with map abusing you mean when someone do a left , right or downspike technique looking for the rocket hitting in walls/roofs etc. Maliciously yes , but in maps like tfdb_groove_v2 i dont considere it as abuse because the map like that was made with that intentions."

Updates:

I understand what the problem in my punishment ladder, but its a basic idea, I can change it the punishments, for the expected or on the basis of a common definition.

In the trolling/ griefing its my mistake(and not in here the only one mistake in the punishment) the 5 hours and then jump to permanent, yes you're right its not logical. The updated: Trolling/ griefing: 2 warn -> 1h ban -> 5h ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 6d ban -> 1 week ban -> 3 week ban -> 1 month ban -> 3 month ban -> 6 month ban -> 1 year ban -> permanently ban.

The stealing: I know the people are stealing twice then he/ she dead. I meant that this happens twice, so 1st warn+ smite is for(the people are stealing twice then he/ she dead*2[its happens twice]), and the 2nd warn+ smite (the people are stealing twice then he/ she dead*2[its happens twice]) -> kick -> 1h ban -> 2h ban -> 3h ban -> 2d ban -> 1 week ban -> 3 week ban -> 1 year ban -> 3 year ban -> permanently ban.

I meant how the RTD spam is work the given people is using the RTD always on the rounds and he/ she not playing dodgeball only playing with RTD.

Last edited:

J R

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member

JR

I meant how the RTD spam is work the given people is using the RTD always on the rounds and he/ she not playing dodgeball only playing with RTD.
But you can't take actions in that , the rtd is there , you can use it as you want even if he/she go only for play with RTD.

Last think , you know how our calladmin works ? .Warn a guy who is abusing of that tool shouldn't be warned , the most of times , if you watch it , you will be out of game or someone else ban this guy soon.

No more for add , thanks you for a faster answers.

Nebu

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Admin

Nebula

Me too thanks the answers!

Okay, I understood what you write. Keep up the good work.

Nebu

Truly Feared
Staff Member
Admin

Nebula

Okay, but i not understand what it means that 7.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Welcome to the team. You will be moderating ► BlackWonder | Dodgeball ◄ . I will be sending you a message on discord shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom